Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 9 February 2018
What happened in crypto today?
Morgan Stanley advises clients to use bitcoin as a barometer and the kids get into this newfangled cryptographic currency thing.
Plus IOTA has some big news, an old Ethereum argument flares up again and Binance experiences technical difficulties with Twitter difficulties.
1. Introducing the transparent, decentralised barometer
The best way to find out how much a coin is worth is to check its current prices. The second best way is to check bitcoin's current prices.
Morgan Stanley appreciates this and is advising its clients to consider using bitcoin's as a market barometer.
2. Investing is rad
Remember the days at the old schoolyard? You'd play tag, attempt to wound each other with juice box straws and discuss the merits of stock investments against term deposits in the current climate of unpredictable interest rates.
Now times are changing. These days the kids are all about crypto.
3. The ecosystem named Ecosystem
At first glance, it's just another boring decentralised cryptocurrency utopia that promises to permanently solve all the worlds problems forever.
4. Ethereum debates how to ride the wave
The techno-oligarchs have unilaterally run roughshod over their user-base by refusing to accept more power. Kind of.
5. We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please rave on Twitter until services are restored.
Twitter has blessed the world with a direct line to famous people's innermost thoughts. It's one of those mixed blessing type blessings.
Today Twitter delivered an unexpected outage announcement from Binance, which prompted a bunch of unconfirmed conspiracy theories from John McAfee (this McAfee), which Binance effectively stomped out.
- Ready for a cryptophone? Solana thinks so
- Bitcoin price rises back above $30,000 as whales buy the dip
- Ethereum price climbs even as DeFi continues to shrink
- Today’s crypto movers: Bitcoin (↓1.27%), Ethereum (↓2.19%), NEAR Protocol (↓7.41%) and Dogecoin (↑10.07%)
- 7 tips for Bitcoin and crypto beginners
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM