Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up: 7 March 2018
Today's crypto news
The finder.com monthly cryptocurrency predictions are in.
Plus have a look at bitcoin's bearish to bullish indicators, take a look back at Mt. Gox and read about one economist's bitcoin prediction as well as an unnecessarily cynical look at Coinbase's new index fund.
1. What's better than a crystal ball? Nine crystal balls.
See the aggregates, look at how they tracked compared to previous predictions and get all riled up by the ones you disagree with.
2. Bitcoin's looking bearullish.
A shallow technical analysis shows bitcoin recently crossing its 50-day moving average on an upswing, while a deeper look has the experts predicting a short-term drop closer to $10,000.
There are also pretty pictures.
3. $7 billion can't just disappear like that.
But a few hundred million can, which is what happened at the time.
4. He must be going long on Monero.
A Harvard economist has made fairly pessimistic predictions of bitcoin's price future, citing its lack of functionality beyond money laundering and tax evasion.
5. The most adequate thing you'll see all day.
Coinbase has mildly intrigued people all around the world with a truly satisfactory development. You can't help but look at it and say, "Hm."
6. Who has time to program a trading bot these days?
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, SALT, BTC and NANO.
- Bitcoin’s better half: Growing number of Australian women investing in crypto
- Ethereum price continues to slide, correcting by 9% overnight
- Bitcoin price drops 5% overnight as usage weakens
- Expert analysis: Ethererum’s price is consolidating, not stagnating
- Bitcoin price drops as US hikes interest rates – are they connected?