Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up: 6 March
What's happening in crypto?
Read about the unaccountable Ethereum genesis address, crypto exchanges banking on massive growth and the disruptive potential of micro-fulfilment.
Plus learn about a sting on alleged scammers by fed-up backers as well as a cryptojacking exterminator and the challenges of bringing crypto into the mainstream.
1. The point of no return
Anything that goes into the genesis Ethereum address doesn't come out again. This bug/feature has snapped up more than half a billion dollars' worth of cryptocurrency over the years.
A lot of that was sent there deliberately, but Ethereum design quirks have also left it well padded with many unintentionally lost fortunes.
2. Exchanges want their investment to multiply.
Being ready to pick up new customers in a bull run has made exchanges' fortunes, and none of them plan on being caught short again.
3. Decentralised blockchain AI-based micro-fulfilment aims to upscale buzzword paradigm.
Future generations will one day look back on today's fascination with the phrase "Uber for xyz" and wonder why exactly xyz needed self-driving cars.
Well, now you can get Uber for supply chains. And it actually makes a lot of sense, and stands to solve some previously intractable problems in fulfilment.
4. You can only push an ex-millionaire so far.
The downside is they may have lost a lot of money to a suspected scam. The upside is that they got to lure the alleged scammers to a presentation and watch them get arrested.
Call it even?
5. Cryptocurrency brings robot wars. Still think it's a bubble?
Imagine crashing metal, deadly lasers, some kind of buzz-saw arrangement and the inevitable robot flamethrower.
Now prepare to be disappointed by an intriguing new cryptojacker that eliminates its rivals in a much less exciting way.
6. The quickly flowing crypto mainstream
What will it take for cryptocurrency to go mainstream?
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, SALT, BTC and NANO.
- Expert analysis: Ethererum’s price is consolidating, not stagnating
- Bitcoin price drops as US hikes interest rates – are they connected?
- 4 tips to streamline your Australian cryptocurrency tax in 2021
- Bitcoin up 21%: Will El Salvador’s big news kick off a fresh bull run?
- Ethereum drops 13% but experts are convinced good news around the corner