Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up: 31 January 2018
What just happened?
A refreshing bloodbath has the market seeing red, Facebook bans crypto ads and a timeless primer on the oft-abused market-cap metric.
Plus a self-referential Polymath/BTF partnership, ICON's 2018 roadmap and Australia's native garbage coin.
1. Apocalypse? Now?
Don't worry, the sky isn't falling. The floor sure is though.
A look at the market suggests that doubts about Tether might be at the root of this particular cryptocurrency flash sale. Good news for anyone who wants to buy low or likes the colour red.
2. Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads
That's... um... basically the whole story.
3. Doff your market cap
It's the polite thing to do, especially for such an abused statistic as the poor old market cap.
4. What did the polymath say to the investment platform?
Something along the lines of "Hey, we'd make a good team."
5. Cryptocurrency insurance vending machines at hospital universities
It's not word salad, it's a crude summary of ICON's roadmap for 2018.
6. You call that a garbage coin? This is a garbage coin.
Australia's national cryptocurrency has arrived. And it can't piss off soon enough.
- Cybercriminals steal millions using fake ICOs to lure crypto victims: Kaspersky
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 15 August 2018
- How Cardano’s latest update makes it easier to fairly valuate ADA
- XRP users are hunting an elusive bearwhale
- Bitcoin price weekly analysis 15 August: Coin holds steady against big market moves