Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 30 January 2018
What's on today?
The cryptocurrency market stubbornly continues dipping, a long-running Monero cryptojacking scheme emerges and hedge funds take a turn for the bullish on bitcoin.
Meanwhile Waltonchain inks a smart deal for a smart city, and it's about time for the cryptocurrency world to have "the talk" about Tether.
1. The market has poor posture
The cryptocurrency market has spent long enough slumping that it's starting to look like chronic poor posture.
2. Monero? In my computer?
It's more likely than you think! Especially if you live in one of the countries targeted in this particularly long-running attack.
3. Bitcoin! Olé
Institutional investors have taken a turn for the bullish on bitcoin for the first time.
4. Waltonchain gets smart
Specifically, it gets a partnership to help test internet of things smart city technologies in Zhangzhou.
This deal sees it getting in bed with one of China's state institutions, and the likely pace of the smart city rollout might be enough to fascinate anyone's inner futurist.
5. We need to talk about Tether.
The problem with money of any kind is that it's all smoke and mirrors, and it loses value as soon as people stop playing along.
And just like any other game, one person who ignores the rules can ruin it for everyone. And destroy billions of dollars worth of perceived value.
- Coinbase to support BAT token as they look ahead
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 21 May 2018
- Mine cryptocurrency by dancing – is it as crazy as it sounds?
- Google just took a crack at poaching Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin
- Bitcoin price weekly analysis 21 May: Price recovers but there are still questions