Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 3 April 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Dubious bitcoin price news, Ravencoin whitepaper, more traders going OTC, insurance blockchain, celebrity cryptos and weekly price analyses.
1. Bitcoin's a bubble, but not a good enough bubble to burst anytime soon.
That's the conclusion reached by a recently released paper.
2. Quoth the Ravencoin, evermore.
It's a worthy goal, but it's mostly because physical assets are just the worst. They're heavy, expensive, difficult to transport, prone to counterfeiting and get sticky if you spill soft drinks on them. Digital assets have no such issues. Whether Ravencoin will be the forevermore solution to this problem is still up in the air.
3. Now that's service.
Are you tired of feeling like just a number? Do you long for some good old fashioned over the counter service in your cryptocurrency dealings?
Regardless of how one answers those questions, and for mostly unrelated reasons, OTC crypto services are booming.
4. Who insurers the insurers?
It's not a philosophical question. The answer is reinsurers, and they're an essential part of the multi-god-knows-how-much insurance insurance industry.
The B3i consortium was made up of some of the worlds largest reinsurers, and they've managed to squeeze efficiency gains of up to 30% out of a prototype blockchain industry solution. Now they're ready to take it live.
5. Grammy award winning boxer by day, digital currency speculator by night.
And hustler 24/7. Shocking revelations shockingly reveal that celebrity endorsements don't always mean a project is above-board.
Just ask the Paris Hilton-endorsed cryptocurrency. Or Steven Seagal's coin. Or the Centra cryptocurrency that was endorsed by Floyd Mayweather and DJ Khaled, whose founders just got arrested.
6. Weekly price analysis: Nihilism edition
Ripple had an big week, formally joining the hyperledger consortium to get more connected than ever inside the DLT industry, feeling a wave of interest from commercial banks and giving bigly to public school charities.
But none of it seems to have mattered for Ripple prices.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Ethereum price remains volatile as global equities market plunges further
- Today’s crypto movers: Bitcoin (↓0.10%), Ethereum (↓1.25%), Polygon (↓6.86%) and Arweave (↑10.03%)
- FTX reaches a deal to buy BlockFi for up to $240 million
- Ethereum price stagnates as further drop looks imminent
- Bitcoin’s value jumps up despite fundamentals showing major weakness