Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up: 28 February 2018
What's happening in crypto today?
Read about today's coins with the largest gains, willing Amazon customers and more details on Circle's plans for Poloniex.
Plus read about soaring SegWit, take a closer look at how cryptocurrency exchanges are over-regulating themselves and get an IOTA primer.
1. They're almost ripe.
The chances of these coins being in the red when you read this are somewhere between miniscule and near-certain. You'll just have to see for yourself whether they've been harvested by then.
2. 90% of Amazon customers say the company has their best interests at heart.
They're not quite as enthusiastic about doing their banking with the ecommerce giant, but most survey respondents were wide open to the idea of an Amazon cryptocurrency.
3. Round and round it goes.
Where it stops might be right here.
Rumour has it that Circle approached the SEC to work with them on managing Poloniex compliantly and eventually being able to trade securities tokens.
4. Every time a node upgrades to Bitcoin 0.16, a SegWit gets its wings.
Increased SegWit adoption is likely to measurably drop average bitcoin transaction fees and times.
And right now, SegWit is defying gravity, unlike bitcoin's scaling problems which have tended to be defining gravity and dragging the coin down.
5. Exchanges are taking themselves too seriously.
And with good reason. They'd love a bit of regulatory clarity, but the vague guidelines coupled with a very practical need to do things the right way has seen cryptocurrency exchanges around the world voluntarily over-regulating.
6. An IOTA for your thoughts.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, SALT and BTC.
- Ethereum drops 13% but experts are convinced good news around the corner
- Bitcoin price on a knife-edge, as the Death Cross looms
- Bitcoin price drops 10% over the past week: Is another drop coming?
- Ethereum price dips 5% overnight: Here’s what the experts are saying
- Will Ethereum’s price rally ahead of DeFi Summer 2.0?