Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up: 27 March 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Read about why South Korea's all about the crypto, Coinbase ERC20 support, $1.2b heist forensics, the death of Litepay and banks waking up.
1. All good stories involve séances and cults of eternal life.
And this one is no exception.
2. All about that 'base, no trouble.
Coinbase is laying down the rails ahead of time for smooth integration of ERC20 tokens later.
3. $1.2b and one euro road trip later.
The Cobalt mastermind that plagued banks to the tune of 1 billion euros has been caught, and Europol has released details of the full scheme.
4. RIP Litepay, we hardly knew ye – mostly due to a suspicious lack of information.
Litepay died like it lived – amidst a haze of confusion, recriminations and wasted effort.
It's survived by one sassy blog post from Litecoin and a lot of bad blood.
5. This is your wake-up call.
It's easy to forget how much physical infrastructure underpins cryptocurrency already, and sometimes seeing it with your own eyes is a wake-up call.
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC and NANO.
- Ethereum price: Upward surge noted but fears of near-term volatility continue to persist
- Can Anchorage bring crypto staking and DeFi to banks?
- Bitcoin price crashed after touching US$42,000 – and that’s okay
- Bitcoin price hits US$40,000 again before meeting resistance
- Bitcoin price: Strong gains may put new all-time highs in reach