Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 26 March 2018
What's going on in cryptocurrency?
Binance in Malta, trouble in Telegram paradise, ATO seeks crypto tax feedback, Santander and Ripple, insect investing and weekly price analysis.
1. A vacation-like regulatory atmosphere
Malta is well known as a sunny and sandy holiday haven, and a good place to put money.
2. Telegram for speculators
Dear investor STOP You may now purchase second round pre-sale tokens at over three times the first round price STOP Are you interested STOP
The Telegram ICO has shattered records for money raised, but insiders say it's facing diminishing investor appetite on one side and the Russian supreme court on the other.
3. But how do you really feel about cryptocurrency tax?
The ATO is looking for feedback on cryptocurrency tax obligations.
Not so much along the lines of "boo to taxes", but more like ways to make it easier for people to pay crypto taxes. There are still quite a few holes and ambiguities though.
4. Springtime, when financial services and payment providers pair off
Santander UK and Ripple have paired off and made offspring in the form of an international payment app due for release in the UK Spring.
5. Why are bees so good at cryptocurrency investing?
They know all the buzzwords.
6. Weekly price analysis: Leisurely Litecoin
Litecoin isn't in any rush.
It's happy to chill with modest gains and demonstrate stability across price and other key metrics.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Ethereum price breaks all time high of US$1,448
- Ethereum price: Massive slide as market faces bearish pressure
- Ethereum 2.0: Roadmap, timeline and implications
- Bitcoin falls to US$34,000 as confidence in money markets improves with the Biden inauguration
- Bitcoin price lags while regulators raise fears and banks grapple