Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 23 February 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
The green islands in the red sea, bitcoin's rollercoaster and Robinhood crypto up and running.
Plus the mystery of the low fees, the national crypto fan club and the what, why and when of Blockpass.
1. A good news bad news scenario
The good news is that there's still some growth in a profoundly bearish market.
The bad news is these coin prices could have reversed, gone up, gone down or moved entirely sideways by the time you read this.
2. The only honest bitcoin price prediction
It's gonna go up and it's gonna go down. But probably not to zero.
Any investment in bitcoin is the cost of the ride.
3. Enter the matrix
Robinhood very loudly announced its cryptocurrency launch, but the platform's radness has continued to go without saying.
Note: This is not an endorsement of the Robinhood trading platform. It being rad is simply a factual statement.
4. Lower, lower... that's the spot
There's an old (by crypto standards) joke about how bitcoin solves its scaling problem whenever the price crashes.
5. A Turk, an Iranian, a Russian and a Venezuelan walked into a bar
The bars were in Turkey, Iran, Russia and Venezuela respectively, so it's not that surprising.
And equally independently of each other, all four nations are looking into national cryptocurrencies. And they all have at least one other thing in common.
6. Blockpass blocktalks blockshop
- 7 tips for Bitcoin and crypto beginners
- Tether to launch a stablecoin pegged to the British pound
- Today’s crypto movers: Bitcoin (↓4.70%), Ethereum (↓6.27%), ApeCoin (↓9.75%%), Waves (↑45.04%)
- Ethereum’s low price provides a discount for anyone long on the Merge
- Bitcoin price stabilises as tech stock correlation drops to new low
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, NANO, SALT, BTC