Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 23 February 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
The green islands in the red sea, bitcoin's rollercoaster and Robinhood crypto up and running.
Plus the mystery of the low fees, the national crypto fan club and the what, why and when of Blockpass.
1. A good news bad news scenario
The good news is that there's still some growth in a profoundly bearish market.
The bad news is these coin prices could have reversed, gone up, gone down or moved entirely sideways by the time you read this.
2. The only honest bitcoin price prediction
It's gonna go up and it's gonna go down. But probably not to zero.
Any investment in bitcoin is the cost of the ride.
3. Enter the matrix
Robinhood very loudly announced its cryptocurrency launch, but the platform's radness has continued to go without saying.
Note: This is not an endorsement of the Robinhood trading platform. It being rad is simply a factual statement.
4. Lower, lower... that's the spot
There's an old (by crypto standards) joke about how bitcoin solves its scaling problem whenever the price crashes.
5. A Turk, an Iranian, a Russian and a Venezuelan walked into a bar
The bars were in Turkey, Iran, Russia and Venezuela respectively, so it's not that surprising.
And equally independently of each other, all four nations are looking into national cryptocurrencies. And they all have at least one other thing in common.
6. Blockpass blocktalks blockshop
- Ethereum may hit AU $19k if it is able to maintain its current path, expert suggests
- Bitcoin price analysis: Technical indicators suggest a new bull run is on the way
- What is Bitcoin’s Taproot upgrade and what does it mean for the network?
- Bitcoin is back above US$40,000 – here’s why
- Expert analysis: Ethereum price up 30% with further gains on the horizon
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, NANO, SALT, BTC