Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 22 March 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency today?
G20 has some homework before July meetings, Chimaera's MMO, a bitcoin meetup in review, what Google's doing with the blockchain these days and the awful coin launched by Pablo Escobar's biological brother.
1. The blockchain ate my homework.
G20 member nations kind of, but not really, reached an agreement on cryptocurrency last Tuesday.
Their next steps are to do some homework ahead of the next July meeting, but some are already making excuses and calling in sick and it's looking increasingly messy.
2. What's cooler than a Chimera?
A Chimæra. Diphthongs carry a lot of respect.
Chimaera earns it though, by closely examining the potential of blockchain in gaming tech, and pulling out an impressively addicting sounding application in MMPOBCRPG (massively multiplayer online blockchain roleplaying game).
3. Likeminded, depending on what your mind's like.
Ever wondered what goes on at bitcoin meetups or whether you should go to one?
Wonder no more. It's a cracking good time for all involved, especially if you like conspiracy theories.
4. What's Google up to these days?
Google, or Alphabet Inc. if you're an angry parent calling it by its full name, has unsurprisingly been dipping into distributed ledger technology for a while now.
5. What's Pablo Escobar's brother up to these days?
Diet Bitcoin doesn't live up to its name. It's actually a lot worse for you than regular bitcoin.
It also has the unique distinction of being launched by Escobar Inc., under the helm of Pablo's biological brother, Roberto Escobar. And it's exactly as good as you'd expect.
6. Talk 2.0
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Ethereum price crumbles as dApps flee for cheaper platforms
- Bitcoin volatility at 6-month high as price direction looks uncertain
- Bitcoin price viciously dips to US$51,000 after hitting $1 trillion market cap
- Bitcoin crashes below $50,000 after more cryptic Elon Musk tweets
- Ethereum price crashes 15% overnight as cryptocurrency market drops