Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up: 21 February 2018
Read about Litecoin and Litecoin Cash as well as about an intriguing new option for Australians and get a quick heads up on stop-loss hunting.
Plus, let's all say hola to El Petro and take a quick glance at the gears turning on regulation in Korea as well as at ridesharing blockchain-style.
1. LTC and LCC went up the hill.
Is the Litecoin Cash thing a scam? You'll have to decide for yourself.
2. El Petro is Spanish for "The Petro."
A national cryptocurrency could be extremely useful in Venezuela. But after a bizarre Petro Dollar launch it's looking like the Venezuelan government might not be quite as good at managing cryptocurrency as it is at managing fiat currency.
3. This must be the Home Office of Satoshi.
If you're familiar with the Living Room of Satoshi, then this will probably look quite familiar.
If you're using the Living Room of Satoshi, then it might be worth trying them both to find the best.
4. Do you know what your stop loss is doing right now?
Stop losses can be wonderful things, especially for those with enough money to deliberately drop prices to trigger them and then scoop up the bargains.
5. Regulation Lite – not as tasty but better for you.
South Korea's regulators might be taking a page from other regulators' books then turning the page over into a new leaf.
It's moving towards a lighter regulatory touch, which seems to be drawing established financial institutions into the cryptosphere and might give it a bit more consistency.
6. Cars, but on the blockchain.
It's a tangible mechanical asset, not the Pixar film.
- Expert analysis: Bitcoin primed to hit AU $67k in the near term
- Why Ethereum’s London upgrade (EIP-1559) is going to make your ETH a lot more valuable
- Ethereum’s price rallied ahead of EIP-1559, but is a correction on the way?
- PayPal CEO claims Bitcoin has been highly profitable, and plans to expand crypto operations
- Ethereum may hit AU $19k if it is able to maintain its current path, expert suggests
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, NANO, SALT and BTC.