Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 2 March 2018
Mining at work, bitcoin at newsies, Frick goes crypto, the Russian loophole, cryptojacking and NEM.
Cryptomining on the company dime, bitcoin at the newsagent, Liechtenstein stepping into boutique crypto banking, Russia's cryptocurrency regulation loophole and why cryptojacking isn't going away any time soon.
1. Surreptitiously sneak a few CPU cycles into your pocket
Even before cryptocurrency prices exploded it was still an occasionally-discovered issue, but with the rise of awareness there are a lot more cases of employee theft via cryptomining going on, and more risks it brings.
2. One simple step to turn a gambling problem into an investing problem
Bored of speculating on scratchies and lotto tickets? Now you can try your luck on the blockchain, buying bitcoin and Ethereum at thousands of newsagents around Australia.
This hot new game of chance works by giving you a digital ticket on the blockchain and letting you watch as it increases and decreases in value.
3. Lichte... Leichtin... Liechtin... that place in Europe
One of Liechtenstein's more prominent high-end boutique banks, Frick, is letting its clients enter the world of cryptocurrency.
They'd hand picked a selection of four high quality digital tokens, and one low quality token, for the speculatory satisfaction of their valued clientele. After the desired tokens are selected, Frick can immediately rush it into cold storage to prevent spoilage and maintain the digital tokens in pristine condition.
4.Предоставлено Google Translate
The Russian loophole: straight vodka strong enough to burn a hole in your pocket.
Also, in Russia cryptocurrency assets cannot be seized as part of a debt settlement. Deliberately putting that loophole to the test might be inadvisable.
5. By the numbers, it's a numbers game
Whether it's a bug or a feature depends on which side of the screen you're on.
But cryptojacking can be quite effective and very profitable when it works out.
6. NEM's clever take on smart assets
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, SALT, BTC, NANO
- 7 tips for Bitcoin and crypto beginners
- Tether to launch a stablecoin pegged to the British pound
- Today’s crypto movers: Bitcoin (↓4.70%), Ethereum (↓6.27%), ApeCoin (↓9.75%%), Waves (↑45.04%)
- Ethereum’s low price provides a discount for anyone long on the Merge
- Bitcoin price stabilises as tech stock correlation drops to new low