Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 16 February 2018
Bitcoin on the way up, another step for Ripple and the bitcoin wallet that just got richer.
Plus what will probably henceforth be known as "the Coinbase incident" and an answer to the question of whether it's even worth mining bitcoin in Australia.
1. Do you want the good news or the intriguing news first?
The interesting news is that bitcoin's lustre may be fading in Korea, with prices on Korean exchanges unusually dropping lower than the global average.
2. One small step for Ripple, one giant leap for the Saudia Arabia's central bank
A central bank like SAMA is quite the feather in Ripple's cap, and in the Ripple Network.
3. $344 million? They got a good deal
Take a voyeuristic step into the third richest bitcoin wallet in existence.
4. The Coinbase incident
Some users got an incredibly unpleasant surprise with funds missing from their real life bank accounts, overdraft fees and all that jazz. The situation has since been resolved. Allegedly.
5. There's something ironic about mining bitcoin with renewable energy
Renewable energy changes the picture, but your outlay would be out of this world.
6. This guy knows how to have FUN... and what you can do with it.
FunFair founder and CEO talks about FUN. The token.
- Bitcoin’s better half: Growing number of Australian women investing in crypto
- Ethereum price continues to slide, correcting by 9% overnight
- Bitcoin price drops 5% overnight as usage weakens
- Expert analysis: Ethererum’s price is consolidating, not stagnating
- Bitcoin price drops as US hikes interest rates – are they connected?
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, NANO, SALT