Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 16 February 2018
Bitcoin on the way up, another step for Ripple and the bitcoin wallet that just got richer.
Plus what will probably henceforth be known as "the Coinbase incident" and an answer to the question of whether it's even worth mining bitcoin in Australia.
1. Do you want the good news or the intriguing news first?
The interesting news is that bitcoin's lustre may be fading in Korea, with prices on Korean exchanges unusually dropping lower than the global average.
2. One small step for Ripple, one giant leap for the Saudia Arabia's central bank
A central bank like SAMA is quite the feather in Ripple's cap, and in the Ripple Network.
3. $344 million? They got a good deal
Take a voyeuristic step into the third richest bitcoin wallet in existence.
4. The Coinbase incident
Some users got an incredibly unpleasant surprise with funds missing from their real life bank accounts, overdraft fees and all that jazz. The situation has since been resolved. Allegedly.
5. There's something ironic about mining bitcoin with renewable energy
Renewable energy changes the picture, but your outlay would be out of this world.
6. This guy knows how to have FUN... and what you can do with it.
FunFair founder and CEO talks about FUN. The token.
- Ethereum price: Massive slide as market faces bearish pressure
- Ethereum 2.0: Roadmap, timeline and implications
- Bitcoin falls to US$34,000 as confidence in money markets improves with the Biden inauguration
- Bitcoin price lags while regulators raise fears and banks grapple
- Bitcoin price sees volatility around $37,000 with Pantera Capital projecting $115,000
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, NANO, SALT