Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 15 March 2018
What happened to cryptocurrency today?
The blockchain gaming revolution, the USA's regulatory trouble, ShareRing, Aussie bitcoin tax scam and Coinbase in the UK.
1. Get your blockgame on
Gamers have a lot of reasons to like blockchain technology, and gaming companies know it and want to embrace it. For instance:
- Ubisoft is examining how blockchain technology can let gamers actually own truly unique digital assets, with truly unique uniques, moving items between games and a whole lot more.
- Blok.Party's PlayTable runs on the Ethereum blockchain. It comes with RFID stickers that let players create or craft their own physical avatars to use in games and permanently store your characters, and all their stat development, items and everything else on the blockchain, to port around compatible games as desired.
2. Do you really need 50 states? How many do you use on a regular basis?
The problem isn't that there's too much regulation, it's that the scraps that exist form an incoherent mess as far as cryptocurrency is concerned.
3. The next Amazon of Uber
Melbourne startup ShareRing has an ambitious goal, which could very accurately and only semi-ironically be described as becoming the Amazon of Uber.
4. Get those numbers up
If you insist on sending bitcoin to the ATO, you are encouraged to report it afterwards and make sure it counts towards Australia's score. At only $50,000 lost to this stupid scam Australia's trailing behind Canada, the USA and others.
5. They're not there for the weather
Coinbase UK CEO has confirmed that it's there for the talent and customers, rather than the food and climate.
6. Blockpass it on
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, SALT, BTC, NANO
- Senate Crypto report: What was recommended and what does this mean for Australians?
- Walmart is now selling Bitcoin via ATMs, following Bitcoin price reaching AUD$90K
- Ethereum price touches all-time high as major pension fund invests in ETH
- Bitcoin price hits record $90,000 high: Here’s how it got there
- How to set up a Trezor Model T hardware wallet with Trezor Suite