Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up: 13 February 2018
What's on in crypto today?
JP Morgan's bitcoin tune, Interpol's crypto tune, and Ethereum, Microsoft and ICON ID systems.
Plus, Russia floats a novel idea and the Lazarus scam returns.
1. Holy book or holey book?
The JP Morgan "bitcoin bible" has been released as a whopping 71-page report that attempts some weighty predictions.
Short version: Bitcoin won't magically make everyone rich, but won't go all the way down in flames either.
Longer version: Here.
2. Stop right there! Please?
Cryptocurrencies are seeing increasingly wide criminal use, with some authorities feeling underprepared to deal with it.
Some criminals seem to know it and are loving their exotic crypto purchases.
3. Check three forms of identification
Identification and verification is all the way in and might be one of the next cryptocurrency frontiers, with a range of large networks simultaneously moving to introduce their own ID elements in different ways. It's not hard to spot some of the differences.
4. The future or just more crypto BRICS a brac?
Russia's central bank may have been pushing for a multinational cryptocurrency among BRICS members.
With government-backed cryptocurrencies looking increasingly inevitable, this opens up some interesting avenues.
5. "I'm back" - Lazarus
Lazarus has returned from the dead. He's either seeking vengeance on all who wronged him in life, or he's just in it for the money.
6. Fintrux advisor Yash Mody answers hard questions about the blockchain
The past, present and potential future of B2B lending with blockchain smart contracts.
- Litecoin weekly price analysis 18 August: LTC slumps, rebounds and tests resistance
- Zcash readies for Sapling hard fork, releases software upgrade
- Ripple announces “preferred” list of crypto exchanges for xRapid transactions
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 17 August 2018
- Energi Token (ETK) cryptocurrency as a reward for saving the world
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, XRB and SALT