Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up: 10 April 2018
What's happening in crypto?
AUSTRAC matters, a matter of faith, matters of manipulation, Nano legal matters and mining matters.
1. Blockbid bids on Australia
It's not accurate to say that Blockbid is coming to Australia, because that's where it started.
The Melbourne-based exchange wants to do crypto right.
2. From the genesis block to the five horseman of the cryptocalypse
The idea of printing "In God We Trust" on banknotes is really, really weird when you think about it.
3. A candlestick walks into a bar
"Why the long face?" asks the bartender.
4. It's hard to choose between good options
And even harder to choose between bad options.
5. There's always that kid who tries to make new rules in the middle of a game
In this case, the new rule was due to falling bitcoin prices and was something like "you pay," except in Norwegian.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Bitcoin price sees volatility around $37,000 with Pantera Capital projecting $115,000
- Ethereum price: Upswing may be on the cards as ETH continues leaving exchanges
- Bitcoin falls 10% in weekend trade as alts run
- Ethereum price: Upward surge noted but fears of near-term volatility continue to persist
- Can Anchorage bring crypto staking and DeFi to banks?