Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up: 1 March 2018
Take a look at the Waltonchain mishap, the first legal tender cryptocurrency and the blockchain disruption of fine arts and collectibles.
Plus read about crypto ups, crypto downs and bitcoin-exchange safety.
1. You can't erase mistakes from the blockchain.
One errant tweet results in a whole lot of potentially unrecoverable price damage and almost certainly unrecoverable reputation damage.
Waltonchain really stepped in it.
2. Fiat and crypto, walking down the isle together.
The Marshall Islands will be releasing the first ever legal tender cryptocurrency.
What does a status as legal tender mean for a coin? Quite a lot it turns out.
3. On the block in a whole new way.
The $2 trillion fine arts and collectibles industry is almost certainly going to experience some much-needed disruption. And they'll love it.
4. Up and down.
5. Now that's entertainment.
6. Stay safe. Or as safe as you can in bitcoin.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, SALT, BTC and NANO.
- Ethereum may hit AU $19k if it is able to maintain its current path, expert suggests
- Bitcoin price analysis: Technical indicators suggest a new bull run is on the way
- What is Bitcoin’s Taproot upgrade and what does it mean for the network?
- Bitcoin is back above US$40,000 – here’s why
- Expert analysis: Ethereum price up 30% with further gains on the horizon