Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 1 February 2018
What's happening in crypto?
Find out why Ripple quickly rose and fell. Plus RaiBlocks rebrands and Binance co-founder Ted Lin speaks out.
Meanwhile, the Kodak ICO is delayed, and everything you wanted to know about bitcoin's Lightning Network but were too ambivalent to ask.
1. The mechanics of the Ripple rollercoaster
Wouldn't it be great if you could find out what drives Ripple's prices, which factors made it rise and fall and where it might go in the future?
2. RaiBlocks is dead. Long live Nano.
Tired of being the distinctive name standing out in a crowded field, RaiBlocks has rebranded as Nano. It's not entirely clear how the name was chosen, but a "most generic tech word" contest isn't outside the realm of possibility.
3. The kingmaker on how kings are made
It's no surprise that most coins applying for a Binance listing never make it. But it might be a surprise that under 3% end up making it.
Binance kingmaker Ted Lin describes it as "good news for investors." He's probably seen a lot of reeeeally awful coins in his day.
4. Kodak's having a moment
It posed well, but the Kodak ICO was still caught out by its flashbulb ICO success and is now delaying the ICO.
The popularity is good news though, right? Maybe. But the candid snaps and old photo albums suggests otherwise.
5. Zap, crackle and pop.
Fill your bowl with a simple explanation of the bitcoin Lightning Network.
If you've ever wondered why people are all hyped up about Lightning, but really haven't felt any particular urge to find out, then this explanation is for you.
- Ready for a cryptophone? Solana thinks so
- Today’s crypto movers: Bitcoin (↓1.77%), Ethereum (↓1.67%), Polygon (↓8.64%) and Chiliz (↑15.20%)
- Bitcoin price rises back above $30,000 as whales buy the dip
- Ethereum price climbs even as DeFi continues to shrink
- Today’s crypto movers: Bitcoin (↓1.27%), Ethereum (↓2.19%), NEAR Protocol (↓7.41%) and Dogecoin (↑10.07%)