Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 9 May 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Bytecoin carnage, raking coals, $700k blockchain budget, MoneyGram's pivot, Kin fork and weekly price analyses.
1. Oh the humanity
Bytecoin went through a profound emotional rollercoaster following its listing on Binance.
2. I've heard of the fourth industrial revolution, but this is ridiculous
Coal-powered bitcoin, who's in?
3. It's expensive
The 2018 Australian budget puts $700,000 towards investigating the potential of blockchain technology.
4. No need to stay til the finish when you know it ends
MoneyGram is beating the rush with a hard pivot towards digital solutions.
5. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both and be one traveller, long I stood
Weekly price analysis: Warning: Hot surface edition
- Ripple reached past the $0.90 mark but burnt itself and withdrew quickly, but kept gingerly reaching out.
- Tron just reached in and grabbed it, then stood still for a while before saying "gosh, that's actually pretty hot" and dropped it.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Ethereum price continues to slide, correcting by 9% overnight
- Bitcoin price drops 5% overnight as usage weakens
- Expert analysis: Ethererum’s price is consolidating, not stagnating
- Bitcoin price drops as US hikes interest rates – are they connected?
- 4 tips to streamline your Australian cryptocurrency tax in 2021