Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 5 July 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Read about how funds are SAFU, the Turcoin Ponzi, J5, Huobi in Australia, Bitcoin Gold's post-fork and Litecoin's price analysis.
1. Funds were snafu, now are SAFU
Binance and Syscoin share a hearty post-mortem after yesterday's events.
2. A multi-layered turducken scheme
Borrow from the quail to pay back the duck to pay back the chicken to pay back the turkey.
3. IRS spearheads creation of international boy band to fight crypto tax evasion
J5 is set to be the hottest act in town, rocking the charts with hits like Mmm Nero, Bitcoin Ain't Anonymous and an on-request set of Backstreet Boys covers.
4. Huobi seeks Australian partners
A tasteless person might comment about Huobi just being in it for the visa.
5. Hash something out
BTG's hash power is looking quite skinny following its anti-ASIC fork.
It was a very slimming fork, which may be worth considering next to the timing of the recent 51% attack.
Litecoin price analysis: Perspective edition
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VET, XLM, BTC and NANO.
- Expert analysis: Ethererum’s price is consolidating, not stagnating
- Bitcoin price drops as US hikes interest rates – are they connected?
- 4 tips to streamline your Australian cryptocurrency tax in 2021
- Bitcoin up 21%: Will El Salvador’s big news kick off a fresh bull run?
- Ethereum drops 13% but experts are convinced good news around the corner