Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 30 May 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Read about riding the TBAR, post-mortem crypto, bank ransoms, TRON's mainnet and crypto gambling.
1. Great team. The founder has lots of experience
He was apparently scamming people with some kind of fake fan club magazine back in the 90s. Now he's into crypto.
2. Bitstate planning
Plan A is obviously to achieve immortality, but it's probably worth having a backup in case that doesn't pan out.
3. Way to call their bluff
"I'll sell your customers' confidential information unless you pay $1 million XRP ransom!"
"Go for it. We've been doing that for years anyway."
4. Not a functional product. Anything but that
TRON is about to launch onto its mainnet.
5. Responsible gambling? That just means sticking to BTC and ETH, right?
Actual news: Cryptocurrency actually isn't the first time the concepts of monetary value and risk have been in the same room.
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC and NANO.
- Bitcoin price lags while regulators raise fears and banks grapple
- Bitcoin price sees volatility around $37,000 with Pantera Capital projecting $115,000
- Ethereum price: Upswing may be on the cards as ETH continues leaving exchanges
- Bitcoin falls 10% in weekend trade as alts run
- Ethereum price: Upward surge noted but fears of near-term volatility continue to persist