Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 30 April 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Mt Gox rumbling, Monero for UNICEF, Bermuda's big step, crypto street flippening, Russia's dreaming and bitcoin analysis.
1. Thar she blows
One of nature's most majestic creatures, the bitcoin whale, has been spotted mid-migration.
2. Why mine crypto when you could mine a difference?
Monero is the chosen coin of criminals, North Korea and illicit hackers.
It's also the choice of UNICEF, thanks to its easy and profitable CPU mining. Now you can donate computing power to UNICEF in lieu of money.
3. Once more into the breach
Bermuda has gone where no country has gone before.
4. The whiff of Wall Street
Smelling greener grass on the other side of the fence, and an unusual amount of brown grass on theirs, a lot of top talent is leaving Wall Street for cryptoland.
5. The world's least-sneaky spies
Apparently some Russian spies showed up at last year's blockchain ISO standards meeting and livened up that snoozefest by announcing that Russia would be taking control of the blockchain.
6. Bitcoin price analysis: Deja vu edition
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Expert analysis: Ethererum’s price is consolidating, not stagnating
- Bitcoin price drops as US hikes interest rates – are they connected?
- 4 tips to streamline your Australian cryptocurrency tax in 2021
- Bitcoin up 21%: Will El Salvador’s big news kick off a fresh bull run?
- Ethereum drops 13% but experts are convinced good news around the corner