Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 30 April 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Mt Gox rumbling, Monero for UNICEF, Bermuda's big step, crypto street flippening, Russia's dreaming and bitcoin analysis.
1. Thar she blows
One of nature's most majestic creatures, the bitcoin whale, has been spotted mid-migration.
2. Why mine crypto when you could mine a difference?
Monero is the chosen coin of criminals, North Korea and illicit hackers.
It's also the choice of UNICEF, thanks to its easy and profitable CPU mining. Now you can donate computing power to UNICEF in lieu of money.
3. Once more into the breach
Bermuda has gone where no country has gone before.
4. The whiff of Wall Street
Smelling greener grass on the other side of the fence, and an unusual amount of brown grass on theirs, a lot of top talent is leaving Wall Street for cryptoland.
5. The world's least-sneaky spies
Apparently some Russian spies showed up at last year's blockchain ISO standards meeting and livened up that snoozefest by announcing that Russia would be taking control of the blockchain.
6. Bitcoin price analysis: Deja vu edition
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Shiba Inu soars 19% on rumoured Robinhood listing
- Study: Crypto crime rose 79% in 2021, but crypto usage surged much more
- Bitcoin price in slight recovery as Fed chair hints at delaying interest rate hike
- Ethereum price rises sharply despite severe mining disruptions in Kazakhstan
- Bitcoin’s price showcases signs of a local bottom but emerging inflation data suggests more dips