Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 3 July 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Kraken vs Bloomberg, crypto markets bounce, EOS' RAM market, the Exactis leak, functional crypto KYC/AML and bitcoin price analysis.
1. Non-litigious smack talk. The weapon of choice
Kraken and Bloomberg are both deeply concerned with each other, and are suggesting that some of the other's behaviour might raise red flags for potential wrongdoing when analyzed in a certain way.
2. A green candle? That can't be right
Prices are rising in the cryptocurrency markets. No, the charts aren't upside down. The prices actually seem to be going up.
3. More valuable than EOS
The new speculative asset is computing resources on the EOS network.
4. Do you know where your data is right now?
Rhetorical question. Of course you don't.
5. Find [number] hot money launderers in [location]
Police are unsurprisingly going undercover as money launderers on the dark web, offering to help people convert their dirty crypto to filthy fiat.
Bitcoin price analysis: Tentative edition
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VET, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Ethereum price: Upward surge noted but fears of near-term volatility continue to persist
- Can Anchorage bring crypto staking and DeFi to banks?
- Bitcoin price crashed after touching US$42,000 – and that’s okay
- Bitcoin price hits US$40,000 again before meeting resistance
- Bitcoin price: Strong gains may put new all-time highs in reach