Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 29 May 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Read about the crypto bloodbath, future 51% victims, Germany's bitcoin sale, EOS vulnerabilities and Ether's price analysis.
1. Spin the wheel of crypto fortune
Better luck next time.
2. Dead coin walking
Someone just put together a list of coins that are hyper-vulnerable to 51% attacks using only rented hash power. Turns out a few bucks can rent you dictatorial control over a few million in market cap.
Fortunately, those coins weren't useful anyway. Even a scam coin can find a purpose as an object lesson.
3. I fought the law and the law of entropy won
Germany's largest ever crypto auction pulled in 12 million euros.
4. An "oh wow" grade security issue
You have minor vulnerabilities, serious vulnerabilities, urgent vulnerabilities and then critical vulnerabilities.
Ethereum price analysis: Slippage edition
Someone evacuated over a hundred thousand Ether onto the spot market. And boy, did they go for it. Just boom, right onto the open market, slippage be damned.
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC and NANO.
- Expert analysis: Ethererum’s price is consolidating, not stagnating
- Bitcoin price drops as US hikes interest rates – are they connected?
- 4 tips to streamline your Australian cryptocurrency tax in 2021
- Bitcoin up 21%: Will El Salvador’s big news kick off a fresh bull run?
- Ethereum drops 13% but experts are convinced good news around the corner