Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 29 May 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Read about the crypto bloodbath, future 51% victims, Germany's bitcoin sale, EOS vulnerabilities and Ether's price analysis.
1. Spin the wheel of crypto fortune
Better luck next time.
2. Dead coin walking
Someone just put together a list of coins that are hyper-vulnerable to 51% attacks using only rented hash power. Turns out a few bucks can rent you dictatorial control over a few million in market cap.
Fortunately, those coins weren't useful anyway. Even a scam coin can find a purpose as an object lesson.
3. I fought the law and the law of entropy won
Germany's largest ever crypto auction pulled in 12 million euros.
4. An "oh wow" grade security issue
You have minor vulnerabilities, serious vulnerabilities, urgent vulnerabilities and then critical vulnerabilities.
Ethereum price analysis: Slippage edition
Someone evacuated over a hundred thousand Ether onto the spot market. And boy, did they go for it. Just boom, right onto the open market, slippage be damned.
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC and NANO.
- Ethereum price breaks all time high of US$1,448
- Ethereum price: Massive slide as market faces bearish pressure
- Ethereum 2.0: Roadmap, timeline and implications
- Bitcoin falls to US$34,000 as confidence in money markets improves with the Biden inauguration
- Bitcoin price lags while regulators raise fears and banks grapple