Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 26 April 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
PayPal vs crypto, crypto prices stumbling, Nasdaq when the time is right, the trouble with bitcoin mining costs, Ripple price analysis.
1. Business plan: Get money
Imagine a company whose sole business plan is to transfer money, and charge large fees for doing so.
2. Hey look, a bull run
Cryptocurrency markets are stumbling and prices are falling again. Cryptocurrency investors would be placing their bets now, had they not already placed them by becoming cryptocurrency investors.
3. Right now, with a multi-year margin of error
Nasdaq is interested in cryptocurrency, and cryptocurrency exchanges are interested in being part of the mainstream market.
4. How many blocks could a miner mine if a miner could mine blocks?
Only one at a time. The real question is how long it takes them on average, and how much it costs.
This is much tougher to answer, making it hard to say when it's no longer profitable for bitcoin miners in general.
5. Stamp of app-roval
Apple Pay support for Ripple Interledger.
5. Price analysis: Lite ripple effects
- Ripple XRP has bobbed up and down to a 23% gain in interesting times.
- Litecoin's tide is rolling in and out, with only a mild net rise in sea levels.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC, NANO