Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 25 June 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Read about bitcoin fundamentals, agencies threatened by privacy, news from Mt Gox, Microsoft's new blockchain and Australia's new crypto marketplace.
1. Bitcoin fundamentals
It's strange to think that bitcoin has remained fundamentally the same, even as its price rollicked between zero and $20,000.
2. A literal fear of the unknown
The Secret Service has described anonymity cryptocurrencies as one of the greatest new threats to national security, which is especially funny given everything else going on in the USA right now.
3. The view from Mt Gox
The view is still hazy, but now it's hazy by official decree which is a nice step forwards.
4. Good news bad news
The bad news is that people who process royalty payments might be losing their jobs to blockchain robots sooner rather than later.
5. Think twice before buying something with Dogecoin
It means that person is willing to exchange whatever it is for Dogecoin. Think carefully.
Cryptocurrency events round-up: London to Tokyo in 30 seconds
The gaming industry has been making inroads in digital collectibles, AI and online marketplaces for a long time now. Everyone can learn a lot from games, especially the non-educational ones.
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VET, XLM, BTC and NANO.
- How $1.9 trillion of stimulus could push Bitcoin’s price to a new all time high
- Ethereum price dips below $1,500 in midst of marketwide correction
- Bitcoin price drops as Fed Chair attempts to squash inflation concerns
- Ethereum price dips by 25% over the past week. What happens next?
- Ethereum price crumbles as dApps flee for cheaper platforms