Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 21 June 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Read about Tether's dithers, the need for cybersecurity standards, where privacy leaves the world, refugees and blockchain ID, and Ripple's price analysis.
1. Tether audit reveals that Tether has not been audited
To whom it may concern,
Sincerely, A totally not shady law firm with ex federal judges and even a former FBI guy. C'mon, what more do you want? You can trust us.
PS: We're not money laundering. Our casino is just really popular. Pinky promise.
2. One simple trick to not being hacked for $30 million
No one knows what it is because no one's formalised it yet.
3. A compelling case for crypto libertarian nonsense
The right to privacy is a hot topic, and it's only going to heat up as unbreakable encryption becomes more common.
4. Gut-wrenching human rights catastrophe. On the blockchain
There's never been a better time to invest in the ground level of Syria's unfolding human rights crisis.
Ripple price analysis: Working at altitude edition
Ripple's hands were sweating as it reached for the next ladder rung. "Don't look down," it repeated to itself, mostly by habit at this point.
"Oy, XRP!" the call came from below. "Someone's busted into Bithumb!"
Ripple's grip faltered, and its sweaty hands desperately clutched the air. The harness jerked taut, knocking the wind from its lungs.
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VET, XLM, BTC and NANO.
- What happens if Russia bans crypto?
- New NFT gaming platform Balthazar raises US$3 million in token sale
- Ethereum price dips further after Vitalik Buterin reveals ETH2.0 transition is only halfway there
- Bitcoin price falters but fundamentals remain strong, suggesting a reversal may be on the cards
- Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours