Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 21 August 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Read about security theatre, hard numbers, Wix and PumaPay, the hype cycle, Huobi and BTC Markets listings and EOS's price analysis.
As one bitcoin trader slash alleged money launder learned, you need to learn the steps to the security theatre dance before getting on stage.
2. What's it worth to you?
According to a whole pile of derivatives, bubbly speculation and wash-traded numbers on weird exchanges, bitcoin is worth six thousand and something US dollars.
3. Wix on, wix off
Wix is polishing up its payment systems with the addition of PumaPay.
4. Next stop: Fjords of ambivalence
Or the slope of enlightenment, according to the Gartner hype cycle.
5. Listing slightly to one side
- BTC Markets has added the formerly all-Australian now all-international Power Ledger, leaving a positive charge on global prices.
- Huobi has added Zcoin after a rigorous approvals process because the Zerocoin Protocol is just ze beez kneez.
EOS price analysis: Stop helping edition
The Chinese government: "We think EOS is the world's best cryptocurrency. You should use it for all your censor-resistance needs."
EOS holders: "Dude, can you not?"
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VET, XLM, BTC and ADA.
- Harmony attack brings total lost to crypto bridge hacks past US$1 billion in 2022
- Is Bitcoin dead? Indicators suggest BTC price ready for a reversal
- Today’s crypto movers: Bitcoin (↓4.97%), Ethereum (↓8.93), Polygon (↓9.45%) and 0x (↑6.20%)
- Key indicator suggests Ethereum’s price could rebound to $2,450 by next week
- CoinFlex launches US$47 million token to fix cash crunch