Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 2 July 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Another Satoshi Nakamoto, the new EOS constitution, DIY smart contracts, $50k bitcoin prediction and Ripple woes.
1. The real Satoshi Nakamoto revealed to be a rambling semi-coherent PR stunt
Pack it in. Bitcoin was just a PR stunt for a set of tell-all memoirs that only tell what's already public domain.
2. New EOS constitution revealed to be a rambling semi-coherent PR stunt
3. "You have reached dial-a-derivative"
"Press 1 for a complete list of blockchain asset derivatives available, press 2 to make your own or press 3 to speak to one of our friendly customer service engineers."
4. A man walks into a bar
"What'll it be, well-known bitcoin bull?" the bartender asks.
"$50,000 bitcoin by 2018, mark my words," the man replies. "All the institutional money wants it."
5. Ripple searching for someone who loves it for more than its body
Ripple is searching for a heart, but keeps finding shallow sleazes who just want to pump and dump it.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VET, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Bitcoin price lags while regulators raise fears and banks grapple
- Bitcoin price sees volatility around $37,000 with Pantera Capital projecting $115,000
- Ethereum price: Upswing may be on the cards as ETH continues leaving exchanges
- Bitcoin falls 10% in weekend trade as alts run
- Ethereum price: Upward surge noted but fears of near-term volatility continue to persist