Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 2 August 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Read about struggling economists, Bit Bundy, McAfee's big day out, blockchain investment and XRP's price analysis.
1. "It's not money!"
"It is money!"
2. Sensible mid-to-low range rum on the blockchain
Step aside sun, sand and surf.
Enter beach, bundy and bitcoin.
3. All hat, no mad cow
McAfee endorsements are great for shilling garbage coins, but serious brands are better off steering clear.
4. What a year
It's not over yet, but still, what a year.
XRP price analysis: More or less edition
XRP prices are moving. Are they going up or down? It's a little from column A and a little from column B.
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VET, XLM, BTC and ADA.
- FTX reaches a deal to buy BlockFi for up to $240 million
- Ethereum price stagnates as further drop looks imminent
- Bitcoin’s value jumps up despite fundamentals showing major weakness
- Today’s crypto movers: Bitcoin (↓0.30%), Ethereum (↓0.95%), UNUS SED LEO (↓3.59%) and Amp (↑27.64%)
- Harmony attack brings total lost to crypto bridge hacks past US$1 billion in 2022