Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 16 May 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Kaleido, MUFG and Circle stablecoins, Bitcoin Cash bigs up, UGC on the blockchain, Bing ban and Ripple price analysis.
1. The dizzying potential of Kaleido's scope
A new piece of software, now available on Amazon Marketplace for free, might be kind of a big deal.
2. Meet somewhere in the middle
- The MUFG bank is creating a stablecoin cryptocurrency to become a blockchain company.
- The Circle and Bitmain blockchain companies are creating a stablecoin cryptocurrency to become a bank.
3. Echo! cho... o... o...
Bitcoin Cash has raised its block size to 32MB in order to... send transactions in business class? Leave some room for dessert?
Its blocks weren't filling up anyway, so the move should have no impact on transaction fees or speeds.
4. It's true, Bing it and see for yourself
Downloading Firefox or Chrome will now be a much safer experience.
5. Share a Coke with the blockchain
User-generated content in advertising is a great way to expose customers to wildly inappropriate material with plausible deniability.
Price analysis: Tearing sound edition.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Bitcoin price rallies despite latest China ban, signaling increased market maturity
- Twitter’s future includes not only Bitcoin tipping but also NFTs
- Bitcoin price surges as Twitter announces BTC tipping option
- Ethereum price struggles despite positive data from derivatives markets
- Bitcoin price tumbles as Evergrande news causes global financial panic