Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 16 July 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
Read about how bitcoin saved democracy, Litecoin's bank buy, the Coinbase criteria, EOS gas price fixing, high security crypto vaults and weekly analyses.
1. Then Captain America sent a commemorative transaction to the bitcoin genesis address
Truth, justice and the American way – on the blockchain.
2. One bank, barely used. Will sell for PR and tech support or best offer
"Litecoin buys 10% stake in German bank" is an almost misleadingly cursory take.
3. Not pictured: XRP
Coinbase is exploring adding five new coins.
4. Don't care too much for EOS, 'cause EOS can't buy me love
Signs point to EOS launching some very expensive spam attacks on Ethereum.
5. How cool is insurance
Spoiler: Insurance is very cool. The ability to profitably pool risk made a lot of previously impractical things quite sensible, such as sending ships all around the world to trade smallpox for rare spices.
Weekly price analysis: A tough week(end)
- EOS wipes its brow and tightens its grip.
- 81% of coins saw a drop in price, while overall volumes are down 18%. The markets are taking a deep breath.
23 - 30 July Events roundup: Precognition edition
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VET, XLM, BTC and NANO.
- Ethereum price remains volatile as global equities market plunges further
- FTX reaches a deal to buy BlockFi for up to $240 million
- Ethereum price stagnates as further drop looks imminent
- Bitcoin’s value jumps up despite fundamentals showing major weakness
- Today’s crypto movers: Bitcoin (↓0.30%), Ethereum (↓0.95%), UNUS SED LEO (↓3.59%) and Amp (↑27.64%)