Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 1 May 2018
What's happening in cryptocurrency?
The blockchain solution insurance needs, a simple guide to Ethereum vs EOS, ASIC ICO crackdown, blockchain opiate tracking and Ethereum price analysis.
1. "Back in my day..."
"Back in my day we had to process batched payments by insurance brokers on behalf of their clients, including every single time someone requested a quote, paid their premiums or renewed a policy. And we did it all by hand. None of those fancy blockchain universal source of truth things the younger generation takes for granted."
2. Spot the difference
Two smart contract-focused platforms – EOS and Ethereum – might look similar from the outside, but the more similar two things are the more important their differences become.
3. Australian consumer law rule number one: Don't be a jerk
Some ICOs are apparently having trouble with the cardinal rule of Australian consumer law.
4. A catastrophic opioid epidemic... on the blockchain!
Is there anything distributed ledger technology can't do?
5. Ethereum price analysis: Walk it off edition
Ethereum's prices have been looking rather healthy over the last month, despite running into some trouble lately.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, BTC, NANO
- Bitcoin price lags while regulators raise fears and banks grapple
- Bitcoin price sees volatility around $37,000 with Pantera Capital projecting $115,000
- Ethereum price: Upswing may be on the cards as ETH continues leaving exchanges
- Bitcoin falls 10% in weekend trade as alts run
- Ethereum price: Upward surge noted but fears of near-term volatility continue to persist