Binance vs Bittrex: Which exchange meets your needs?
We compare Binance and Bittrex side by side to help you work out which is the best crypto trading platform for you.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
But is Binance or Bittrex a better choice for your crypto trading needs? Check out our side-by-side comparison to find out.
At a glance: Binance vs Bittrex
The full breakdown
|Location||Malta||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Supports fiat currencies?||No||Yes|
|Range of cryptocurrencies supported?||Large – more than 100||Large – more than 100|
|Customer support||Online help centre, email, social media||Online help centre, email, social media, live chat|
|Ease of use||Intermediate||Beginner|
|User interface||Slightly confusing for beginners||Reasonably easy for beginners to navigate|
|Set-up||New users must provide:||New users must provide:|
Bottom line: Should you use Binance or Bittrex?
The only person who can answer this question is you. It’s essential that you choose a trading platform that’s a good fit for your trading needs, so research the features of Binance and Bittrex before signing up for an account. Consider each platform’s deposit methods, fees, supported currencies, security features, customer support and more to decide which one offers everything you’re looking for in a crypto exchange.
Thinking of using Binance?
What are the pros of using Binance?
- Allows you to buy and sell more than 100 digital currencies
- Competitive fees offered
- Also offers a native currency, Binance Coin, which can be used to access discounted fees
- Quick and easy registration process
- Mobile trading app available
What are the cons of using Binance?
- No fiat deposits available
- User interface isn’t really suited to beginners
- Established in 2017 so hasn’t been around as long as some other platforms
Thinking of using Bittrex?
What are the pros of using Bittrex?
- Supports fiat-to-crypto trading (in USD) as well as crypto-to-crypto trading
- Provides access to an extensive range of digital currencies
- Good range of security features
- Easy to understand for beginners
- Founded in 2014 so has been around a while
What are the cons of using Bittrex?
- Trading fees are high compared to some other platforms
- Has had plenty of customer service complaints
- Some users have reported frustration with the platform’s lengthy verification process
Image source: Shutterstock
More guides on Finder
Square vs PayPal
Both Square and PayPal are popular choices, but which payment processor is best for your business needs?
Luno cryptocurrency exchange – review
Buy bitcoin and Ethereum with selected fiat currencies through Luno’s easy-to-use platform.
Review: CoinField cryptocurrency exchange
Learn more about the CoinField cryptocurrency exchange in this review.
What is DeFi? Beginner’s guide to decentralised finance
Confused about DeFi? Find out how it works in this easy-to-read guide.
Review: Crypto.com cryptocurrency app and exchange
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.
Review: Paybis cryptocurrency exchange
Your detailed review of the Paybis cryptocurrency exchange, including supported cryptos, registration, fees and payment methods.
What is Bitcoin SV (BSV)?
Learn more about Bitcoin SV in this comprehensive guide.
Review: CoinDeal cryptocurrency exchange
Learn more about the pros and cons of trading on the CoinDeal cryptocurrency exchange.
Review: Deribit cryptocurrency exchange
Learn more about the Deribit exchange for trading cryptocurrency – find out whether it’s right for you.
Review: Swyftx cryptocurrency exchange
Is Swyftx the best value cryptocurrency exchange in Australia? Read the review here.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert