Bigstone gives investors an opportunity to grow their wealth and helps small businesses secure loans on a transparent online platform.
Bigstone is a marketplace lender that puts creditworthy small business borrowers in touch with investors. Once a match has been made and the loan is granted, Bigstone manages the loan and collects payments.
Investors lend money to verified, creditworthy borrowers, while small businesses pay interest rates based on how much risk they represent. The better and more creditworthy the business, the lower the interest rate.
|Product Name||Bigstone Small Business Loan|
|Min Loan Amount||$10,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$250,000|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 8% (variable)|
|Loan Term||3 to 12 months|
|Application Fee||$0 until funding|
How does a small business loan from Bigstone work?
Bigstone loans are granted and managed online. Once an application is submitted and approved, the loan is listed on Bigstone’s marketplace for up to 14 days. Investors can set filters and choose borrowers that fit their criteria.
Businesses can apply for up to $250,000 to be repaid over a period of between 3 to 12 months. No fees are charged for early repayments. The interest rate is calculated on how much risk the business represents, and can vary between 8% p.a. and 24% p.a.
Borrowers pay a market access fee once the money has been deposited. Investors can see returns of between 7% and 23% and only pay management fees once repayments are made.
Features of a small business loan from Bigstone
If you’re interested in getting a business loan from Bigstone’s marketplace, here are some of the features you’ll have access to:
- Quick process. Filling in the application take a few minutes. Following approval, the loan is listed on the marketplace and investors can start funding it immediately. Borrowers can have money deposited into their accounts within two days.
- Flexibility. Loans can be used for any business purpose. However, Bigstone will not approve loans to invest in real estate or for non-business purchases.
- Security. Bigstone won’t take your home as security, but there will be a general charge taken over company assets. Each loan must also be personally guaranteed by the business’s directors.
- Early repayments. No fees are charged for early repayments.
- No upfront fees. Borrowers pay no application, facility or annual fees, and no management fees until the loan has been funded. Investors pay no upfront fees, and no management fees until the loan has been repaid.
- Choice. Investors can filter loans by risk grade, interest rate, loan amount and other criteria. This way they can choose the loans that best correspond with the kinds of investments they’d like to make. Borrowers have the option to cash out the loan if the minimum loan amount has been funded.
How much does the loan cost?
Certain fees and charges apply to Bigstone business loans.
- Market access fee. Borrowers pay this fee equal to 1-4% of the loan amount.
- Collections fee. A fee of $10 per day will be charged for defaulting on payments, along with penalty interest.
- Failed direct debit fee. If your direct debit fails, you will be charged a fee of $30.
- Management fee. Investors pay this fee once the loan has been repaid.
- Annual, facility and application fees are waived. No fees are charged for early repayments.
How to apply for a Bigstone business loan
If you want to apply for a small business loan from Bigstone, click “Go to Site” to get your application started. Small businesses can click on “Rate Calculator” to get an idea of repayments, fees and interest rates for the amount they’d like to borrow.
Your business needs to meet the following criteria to apply for a loan:
- It's an Australian company or trust
- It has more than one employee
- It makes $250,000 or more in revenue
If you're looking to borrow, the following details will be required. This information is the minimum; the more details you provide on your application form, the lower your rate may be.
- The company’s ACN and TFN
- Access to financial statements
- Two pieces of government identification per director
The loan will be listed on the marketplace for a maximum of 14 days. If not funded before the expiration date, the listing will be removed and the borrower can relist with a different interest rate.
If you’re looking to invest, the following documents must be provided:
- A certificate proving status as a Wholesale Client in accordance with Australia’s Corporations Act
- Two forms of government identification
- Bank details
Once accepted, investors can deposit money into their Bigstone accounts via BPay or bank transfer. Funding and loan allocations cannot be cancelled as long as the loan is still listed.