It's very difficult to get something for nothing these days, but with the right credit card, you could actually enjoy getting something for doing nothing more than using your credit card in the normal way, as long as you repay your balance within the interest free period. With the huge range of credit cards available these days, rewards based credit cards are one of many potentially suitable cards available to consumers. Not everyone will find that a rewards based credit card is the right card for their needs, but those who are suited to these cards can often enjoy some great rewards and can enjoy getting a little something back for their custom.
|Product Name||Big Sky Credit Union Visa Credit Card with Rewards|
|Rewards Program||Big Sky Cash Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||16.58% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$79 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 45 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||18.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$79 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of the credit card limit or $25.00 (whichever is higher)|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$4|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
|Rewards Program||Big Sky Cash Rewards|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card review
When it comes to rewards based credit cards, there are a number of providers that offer these cards these days, which means that consumers who want to enjoy the chance to earn rewards when spending on their cards should have no problem when it comes to choice. This makes it easier to find the most suitable rewards based card for your needs. In order to ensure that you make the right choice when it comes to a rewards credit card you should take the time to compare the different cards on offer, as this will enable you to see which one is best suited to your needs.
One of the rewards based credit cards that you can benefit from is the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card. This is a credit card that not only offers the chance to earn rewards on your spending but also a range of additional perks, features and benefits, which makes it the perfect choice for many consumers. The card offers the same convenience, flexibility, ease and convenience as all other credit cards but also offers simplicity and affordability.
Benefits of the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Rewards program. Not all credit cards can allow you to earn points for every dollar you spend, but with the Big Sky Credit Union Rewards Credit Card, you get to receive 1 point for every eligible purchase you make with the card. For every 200 points, you also receive a $1 cash reward.
- Contactless payments. Aside from the convenience of being able to use this card just about anywhere as it is powered by Visa, you can also use this card to make contactless payments of up to $100. Simply place your card in front of the payWave terminal and you can already complete a purchase without having to swipe your card or sign on anything. You can also use this card to make online and over-the-phone transactions.
Features of the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card
When you compare the benefits and features of the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card against other rewards based credit cards, you will see that this card is able to offer plenty of perks that will appeal to many borrowers. It is, of course, important that you take the time to compare this credit card with others, as you can then make a more informed choice with regards to whether the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card is the right card for your needs. Some of the features and benefits that you will get with the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card include:
- No application fee to pay. Although some credit cards do charge an application fee, with the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card you won't have to pay any application fee, which make it far easier and more affordable to consider this as your credit card of choice.
- Cash rewards. When you use the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card you will be able to enjoy earning cash rewards for every dollar that you spend on the credit card, which means that you can look forward to earning a little something back for your loyalty and custom. It is important to remember that rewards based cards are best suited to those who repay their balance in full within the interest free period, as if you tend to spread your repayments you will be charged interest, which will outweigh the benefits that you get from the rewards points that you earn.
- Annual fee. The Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card is charged an annual fee of $79.
- Interest-free credit. If you are looking for a little flexibility and convenience when it comes to making repayments, you will be able to enjoy up to 45 days of interest free credit with the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card. This makes it easier for you to repay your balance on the credit card without being charged any interest.
- Optional insurance cover. Many people in the current climate are concerned about how they will make repayments on their debts in the event of an accident or illness that leaves them unable to earn their wage. With the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card you can benefit from optional repayment insurance to cover you in the event that you find yourself in this situation.
- Widely accepted. As the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card is a VISA card you will find that it is widely accepted both within Australia and on a worldwide basis.
- Visa payWave. This technology allows you to use your card to make contactless payments under $100 at merchants that accept payWave payments.
How to apply for the Big Sky Visa Low Rate Credit Card
You can visit any Big Sky branch to apply, get started over the phone, download an application from the Big Sky website, or you can submit an online application. Take into account that you have to meet the certain eligibility criteria, which are as follows:
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are a permanent resident of Australia
- You have good creditworthiness
In order to successfully complete the application you have to provide an array of information, so keep the following close at hand:
- Identification documents such as your Australian driver’s license, passport, or Medicare card
- Your employer’s name, phone number, and address
- Details about your income and expenses
- Details about your assets and liabilities
If you wish to enjoy rewards from your credit card, then the Big Sky Credit Union Cash Rewards Credit Card is definitely one that you should consider. Just be sure to make a detailed comparison of this with other similar cards before you submit an application.Back to top