Big Four banks announce bushfire relief packages
Westpac, NAB, ANZ and CBA are offering financial support for customers affected by the NSW and QLD fires.
Australia's Big Four banks have each announced a disaster relief package for customers impacted by the fires currently burning across large parts of New South Wales and Queensland. If you've been affected by the fires and you're a customer of either Westpac, NAB, ANZ or CommBank here's how to access the financial support offered.
Westpac disaster relief package
- Personal customers with a home loan may apply to defer repayments for up to three months, and businesses can apply for loan restructuring without any fees.
- Impacted customers with a Westpac credit card can apply to defer repayments for three months.
- Customers who have had items damaged or lost in the fires can apply for a personal loan with a discounted interest rate and no establishment fee.
- Impacted customers with money in a Westpac term deposit can withdraw the money without any interest rate adjustments or early withdrawal penalty.
- Impacted customers with Home and Contents insurance can apply for emergency funds and accommodation.
- Impacted customers may also be granted a temporary pause on interest accrued on unsecured credit products.
Contact Westpac: To access these relief options customers need to phone Westpac on 1800 067 497 or visit/call any Westpac branch. Visit Westpac for more information.
CommBank disaster relief package
- CommInsure customers may be able to access emergency accommodation if their home has been affected by the fires.
- Customers with a CommBank home loan, personal loan or credit card can apply for assistance with repayments (for example a pause on repayments or reduced interest charges). This will be tailored for each customer.
- Customers may be eligible for additional loans such as emergency credit limit increases.
- Impacted business customers with a loan may be eligible to have their loan restructured.
- Term deposit customers may be able to access their funds ahead of maturity without incurring fees or charges.
Contact CommBank: To access these relief options customers need to phone CBA on 1300 720 814 or visit/call any CommBank branch. Visit CBA's site for more information.
NAB disaster relief package
- Impacted customers may be eligible for credit card and personal loan relief (for example a temporary halt on repayments). This will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Impacted customers may be able to have their home loan and personal loan repayments suspended.
- Support for agribusiness banking customers.
- Impacted customers may be able to withdraw money from term deposits early with no fees or charges.
- Impacted customers who need to apply for a personal loan or home loan can do so without any application fees.
- Impacted customers can access NAB's Employee Assistance Program for free counselling and mental health support.
Contact NAB: To access these relief options customers need to phone NAB on 1800 701 599 or visit/call any NAB branch. Visit NAB's site for more information.
ANZ disaster relief package
- Impacted customers can have their loan and credit card repayments suspended for three months.
- Impacted customers experiencing financial distress may apply for temporary interest rate relief on loan products.
- Impacted business customers needing to restructure business loans can do so without fees and charges.
- Customers with term deposits can access their money early without any penalty.
- ANZ customers with Home and Contents insurance may be able to access emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
Contact ANZ: To access these relief options customers need to phone ANZ on 1800 149 549 or visit/call any ANZ branch. Visit ANZ's site for more information.
- Xinja is closing down, what does this mean for customers?
- Tips for parents as school banking programs to be banned in Victoria
- Revolut launches in Australia: How does it compare to rival neobanks and fintechs?
- Here’s why Australians are flocking to the new digital banks
- Big Four banks announce bushfire relief packages