Best value destinations in November 2017
How about a super cheap November getaway?
Skyscanner has access to a whole lot of airline booking data and ticket prices. Recently it decided to pull apart the numbers to reveal the best value destinations for Australians in November. It did this by looking at the prices of all domestic and international flights for November 2017, and then comparing them to the average cost of of the same flights in 2017.
November's always been one of the cheapest times to fly overall, but some destinations are really pulling ahead.
This highlights the flight routes that are especially cheap in November compared to their usual costs. On the one hand, this data is based on flights already booked so it's possible that the best deals have already sold out. On the other hand, these are still very clear differences. If you're looking for a cheap November getaway, any of these might well be a great time at a great price... if they haven't sold out.
- Hobart to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - 59% cheaper: Cheap flights might be few and far between in Hobart, but November in Vietnam bucks the trend by coming at well under half price.
- Sydney to Yokyakarta, Indonesia - 54% cheaper: The best value of many Indonesian destinations that are much cheaper in November. Flights from Sydney to Yogyakarta are an awe-inspiring 54% cheaper on average, compared to the rest of the year. If you want to cross Borobudur off your bucket list, and you do, then these are for you.
- Canberra to Phuket, Thailand - 36% cheaper: Save more than a third on flights, just like that, by taking off from Canberra to Phuket in November. By then Canberra's warming up a lot after winter, but you can still do better.
- Sydney to Hanoi, Vietnam - 29% cheaper: Hobart gets the ultra-cheap flights to the city formerly known as Saigon, but Sydney-siders are lucking into cheap getaways to spectacular Hanoi, in Vietnam's north.
- Melbourne to Sydney - 28% cheaper: Flights from Melbourne to Sydney are unusually cheap this November, shedding over a quarter of their average price compared to the rest of the year.
- Perth to Sapporo, Japan - 26% cheaper: A quarter off? Yes please. Only only flights from Perth to make the list, but they're a top notch deal to one of Japan's nicest corners.
- Melbourne to Surabaya, Indonesia - 26% cheaper: You'll find occasional Asia flight sales that can drop prices even lower, but for average low prices without even trying, it seems all you need to do is fly from Melbourne to Surabaya in November.
- Melbourne to Yangon, Myanmar - 25% cheaper: A great value destination at any time of year, but especially good in November it seems, especially if you're flying out of Melbourne.
Have the low prices filled all the seats, or are there still some deals left for you?
Quickest way to find out is probably just to plug in your destination below, and see the cheapest flights coming back.
- Athens and Rome revealed as the best value European cities by Skyscanner
- Virgin Australia is launching voice check-in with Amazon Alexa
- Money Hack: Mash up budget flights to build a cheap overseas trip
- Virgin Australia unveils its upcoming tech game-changers
- How does Jetstar’s new 10kg luggage deal compare?
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes