Whether you want party at a Jamaican festival or relax at an all-inclusive resort, here are the best times to visit Jamaica.
The birthplace of reggae music is a tropical paradise. Being tropical, though, it experiences both sunny months and rainy spells, which are best avoided if you want to have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
So when should you visit Jamaica to make the most of your Caribbean beach holiday?
Best time to visit Jamaica
The best time to visit to both avoid the summer crowds and get average temperatures is between November and December.
However, if you're after sunny days with little rainfall, you can visit any time between December and March, during peak tourist season.
As for the cheapest time to visit? That's from July to October, during hurricane season.
The emerald island of Jamaica boasts a tropical climate with average temperatures of 27°C all year round, making it a popular holiday destination no matter when you choose to visit.
Summer in Jamaica can be oppressive, especially in September and October, as humidity levels are high. The hurricane season that runs from June to October brings heavy storms and rainfall across the island.
From November to December, expect sunny skies and temperatures between 24°C and 25°C. This is a great time to visit if you can get in before the mid-December holiday season.
Bob Marley Tour
Chukka Horseback Ride and Swim
Dunn River Party Cruise and Snorkelling
The best time to visit Jamaica for...
- Surfing. Prime time for surfing along Jamaica's north and south coasts is from December to March when it's sunny with little-to-no rainfall.
- Beach. Beachgoers flock to Jamaica at the end of hurricane season between January and March. The water temperatures are warm and the breeze will keep you cool all day.
- Diving and snorkelling. The best time for underwater pursuits is from January to March, when you can enjoy clear, calm waters and great visibility.
- Festivals. Don't miss out on Jamaica's Jazz and Blues Festival and Bob Marley Week, which occur between January and March. The Jamaica Carnival in April is celebrated island-wide with beach parties, dancing and food.
- Hiking. The drier months of December through to April are recommended for hiking one of the highest mountain ranges in the Carribean: the Blue Mountains.
Latest Jamaica travel deals
Popular Top 5 Travel Deals coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|17 May 2019||Up to 25% off last-minute tours worldwide||********|