This is when you should head to the South Pacific islands of Vanuatu for the most relaxed prices.
We looked into the best times to work on your tan under the Vanuatuan sun that won’t blow your budget. We’re nice like that.
Best time to visit Vanuatu
April to October provides holidaymakers with warm temperatures and minimal rainfall for an idyllic island getaway. To keep costs down, travel in the shoulder months of April and October.
Vanuatu’s tropical climate has a wet (summer) and dry (winter) season. Summer (November-March) is hot, humid and wet with average temperatures of 28℃ while winter (April-October) is cool and dry with average temperatures of 23℃.
Vanuatu is a popular destination for Australians and honeymooners with many travelling to the islands in winter due to its dry and warm temperature. Travelling at the beginning or end of winter can see you snap up the best deals.
Weather and prices
Best time to visit Vanuatu, weather wise: April-October.
Cheapest time to visit Vanuatu: The wet season between November and March is low season in Vanuatu, which is ideal for those wishing to undertake water sports as the water temperature is still warm during these months.
For those who prefer endlessly sunshine, travel during April or October for bargain fares and stays.
Best time to visit Vanuatu for…
- Beaches. The dry season between April and October has the best weather for sun worshippers.
- Snorkelling. The water temperature in Vanuatu is 22-28℃ throughout the year so snorkelling is possible in all months. To increase visibility, snorkel during the dry season.
- Diving. Similar to snorkelling, diving is good throughout the year as the water temperature is constantly pleasant.
- Honeymoon. Fiji is at its best for honeymooners during dry season, so book early to save on your stay.
- Hiking. April to October is the best for hiking as the weather is cool and humidity is low.