Best time to visit the Philippines
Island-hop around the Philippines at the perfect time for your wallet and the weather.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
We’ve done the research for you and found the prime time to visit the Philippines for water activities, sightseeing and beach days. The ideal timing we’re sharing with you will have you saving money for your upcoming holiday and experiencing the country’s hot spots with fewer crowds.
When is the best time to visit the Philippines?
We recommend travelling in April-May or in November-December, just before and just after the rainy season. This will likely bring fewer crowds, yet pleasant weather. It's also a great time to score a travel deal.
However, weather in the Philippines is unpredictable and typhoons can hit as early as May. May is one of the hottest months of the year and temperatures can peak at 36°C which can make for perfect beach and snorkelling weather.
Best time to visit Philippines, weather-wise: November–April will experience the least amount of rain and warm but not extreme temperatures.
Cheapest time to visit Philippines: May–October is monsoon season but is the best time to find travel deals. Visit in the shoulder months of May, October and November for the least amount of rain.
The Philippines experiences its high season from December–April with December–February being the coolest for a more pleasurable time sightseeing. May and November bring in some rainfall but not enough to deter visitors as these months are the shoulders that also bring in lower prices. June–September has periods of torrential rain from typhoons while accommodation prices drop even further.
Compare flight prices to the Philippines
Best time to visit Philippines to...
- Honeymoon: To avoid the crowds and pricey resorts book your honeymoon in the shoulder months of May and November. The weather will still be warm and there will be fewer tourists with minimal rain.
- Sightseeing: Sightseeing can be done any time of the year. For the least amount of rainfall it’s best to explore from November–April. Avoid April if you don’t like the heat. The Chocolate Hills, Taal Volcano, Banaue Rice Terraces and Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park are some of the most popular attractions to see.
- Beach: November–April are the driest months of the year. March, April and May are the hottest making it the perfect time to lounge on the beach. May has the least crowds.
- Snorkelling and diving: Snorkelling and diving can be done throughout the year. The best time is from November–June with water temperatures ranging from 24°C–30°C. Cebu and Bohol offer some of the best diving in the Philippines. Boracay also holds a wide variety of underwater life.
- Surf: August until the beginning of November is the prime surfing season. May–July brings a smaller surf and less consistent conditions. December–April has a big swell making it an ideal time to surf. Some top surf spots include Siargao, Calicoan, Borongan and Lanuza.
- See whale sharks: Donsol has the largest school of whale sharks in the world. The best season is December–May but the most sightings occur from February to April.
Hot travel deals
Find out the best time to go to...
More guides on Finder
Best men’s watches in Australia
These are the six best men's watches you can buy right now in Australia.
9 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
Best time to visit the Northern Territory | Weather, price and activities
Travelling to the Northern Territory during winter offers cool, dry weather, but avoid visiting over summer as it's often humid and rainy.
Best places to visit in the Gold Coast
Find where to go on the Gold Coast for unlimited entertainment from water activities to nature, skyscrapers and beaches.
Best places to visit in New South Wales
From tropical, offshore islands to scintillating wine regions, we've rounded up the best places to visit around the state .
Best places to cruise in March
With the change of weather, March is often the last chance for many popular cruise destinations or the start of the warmer, dry season for others.
Snap up flights to the Philippines from $139 with Cebu Pacific
EXPIRED: It's time to say hello to Manila, Boracay, Cebu and more.
Best time to visit Nepal for sunny skies and optimal trekking conditions
Uncover the best times to visit Nepal for clear weather, good trekking conditions, cultural exploration, wildlife spotting and more.
Best places to travel in February
5 holiday destinations that should to spend a few days to a week in this February.
Cebu Pacific announces its $139 fares for Chinese New Year
EXPIRED: Visit the most pristine beaches the Philippines has to offer.
Ask an Expert