Best time to visit the Philippines
Island-hop around the Philippines at the perfect time for your wallet and the weather.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
We’ve done the research for you and found the prime time to visit the Philippines for water activities, sightseeing and beach days. The ideal timing we’re sharing with you will have you saving money for your upcoming holiday and experiencing the country’s hot spots with fewer crowds.
When is the best time to visit the Philippines?
We recommend travelling in April-May or in November-December, just before and just after the rainy season. This will likely bring fewer crowds, yet pleasant weather. It's also a great time to score a travel deal.
However, weather in the Philippines is unpredictable and typhoons can hit as early as May. May is one of the hottest months of the year and temperatures can peak at 36°C which can make for perfect beach and snorkelling weather.
Best time to visit Philippines, weather-wise: November–April will experience the least amount of rain and warm but not extreme temperatures.
Cheapest time to visit Philippines: May–October is monsoon season but is the best time to find travel deals. Visit in the shoulder months of May, October and November for the least amount of rain.
The Philippines experiences its high season from December–April with December–February being the coolest for a more pleasurable time sightseeing. May and November bring in some rainfall but not enough to deter visitors as these months are the shoulders that also bring in lower prices. June–September has periods of torrential rain from typhoons while accommodation prices drop even further.
Compare flight prices to the Philippines
Best time to visit Philippines to...
- Honeymoon: To avoid the crowds and pricey resorts book your honeymoon in the shoulder months of May and November. The weather will still be warm and there will be fewer tourists with minimal rain.
- Sightseeing: Sightseeing can be done any time of the year. For the least amount of rainfall it’s best to explore from November–April. Avoid April if you don’t like the heat. The Chocolate Hills, Taal Volcano, Banaue Rice Terraces and Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park are some of the most popular attractions to see.
- Beach: November–April are the driest months of the year. March, April and May are the hottest making it the perfect time to lounge on the beach. May has the least crowds.
- Snorkelling and diving: Snorkelling and diving can be done throughout the year. The best time is from November–June with water temperatures ranging from 24°C–30°C. Cebu and Bohol offer some of the best diving in the Philippines. Boracay also holds a wide variety of underwater life.
- Surf: August until the beginning of November is the prime surfing season. May–July brings a smaller surf and less consistent conditions. December–April has a big swell making it an ideal time to surf. Some top surf spots include Siargao, Calicoan, Borongan and Lanuza.
- See whale sharks: Donsol has the largest school of whale sharks in the world. The best season is December–May but the most sightings occur from February to April.
Hot travel deals
Popular Travel coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|27 Oct 2020||Extra $50 off Sydney and NSW stays||NSW****|
|27 Oct 2020||Up to 75% off Australia activities + an extra up to 20% off with code||TIC****|
|23 Oct 2020||$1 wine tastings in the Hunter Valley||WIN****|
|21 Oct 2020||Northern Territory activities from $36 + and extra $10 off off with code||FDR****|
|21 Oct 2020||Extra $10 off site-wide with code||FDR****|
Find out the best time to go to...
More guides on Finder
This Jetstar sale gets you to the Northern Territory from $107
EXPIRED: Isn't it time you paid the Top End a visit?
Jetstar slashes prices from $89 on Gold Coast to Hobart route
EXPIRED: Consider your summer holiday plans sorted.
Best time to visit the Northern Territory | Weather, price and activities
Travelling to the Northern Territory during winter offers cool, dry weather, but avoid visiting over summer as it's often humid and rainy.
Best places to visit in the Northern Territory in 2020
Unique cultural experiences and picturesque natural wonders await in these six destinations. Plus, our top picks on the territory's best camp sites.
Best places to visit in New South Wales
NSW has a lot to show you. We've rounded up the best places to visit around the state – from offshore islands to wine regions to the original highlights of this diverse land.
Holiday houses on the Sunshine Coast
Pack your togs and hit the water like a local by booking a holiday home on the Sunshine Coast at one of these top sites.
Best places to cruise in March
With the change of weather, March is often the last chance for many popular cruise destinations or the start of the warmer, dry season for others.
Best time to visit Nepal for sunny skies and optimal trekking conditions
Uncover the best times to visit Nepal for clear weather, good trekking conditions, cultural exploration, wildlife spotting and more.
Best places to travel in February 2020
5 holiday destinations that should to spend a few days to a week in this February.
Cheap Vanuatu flights to book in 2020
Compare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Vanuatu.
Ask an Expert