Best time to visit Paris for sightseeing, honeymoons and more
Learn when to enjoy Paris like the locals without spending a fortune on your holiday.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Every season in Paris is a wonderful time to visit. Spring is romantic, autumn brings fashion week and the Nuit Blanche festival, summer is hot and perfect for relaxing in a park and winter has the city decorated in Christmas lights.
So no matter what type of holiday you’re looking for, we have the top suggestions for when to visit Paris.
Best time to visit ParisWe recommend visiting between March to May.
Why should I go then?
Paris in springtime (March to May) is perfect as locals emerge from indoors to enjoy picnics in the park and stroll along the Seine.
The weather is mild from late March onwards with temperatures from 6°C-19°C, and the tourist crowds as well as the prices have yet to jump. You can expect afternoon rain showers, but they won’t ruin the day. Avoid visiting in Easter as there is a spike in prices.
Latest Paris travel deals
Up to 60% off activities, experiences and things to do
Valid on select dates including holidays like Christmas, New Year's and more depending on the destination. Destinations include Hong Kong, Singapore, Osaka, Taipei, Dubai, Sydney, Melbourne, London, Paris, New York and more. T&Cs apply.
Up to USD$1,100 OBC worldwide cruises with MSC Cruises
Available on select travel dates until 2022. Destinations include USA, France, Spain and more.
International flights from $1,009 each way
Available on select flights until December 2021 to India, Ireland, South Africa, London, Athens and more. Sample fare is Sydney-Paris. T&Cs apply.
International flights from $1,350 return
Available on flights from October - December 2021 to Greece, London, Barcelona, Paris, Manchester and more. Sample fare is Brisbane-Amsterdam.
Up to 12% off international flights
Available on flights until 31 January 2022 when you pay with PayPal. Destinations include Africa, London, Paris, Athens, Beirut, Doha and more. T&Cs apply.
Up to 50% off worldwide activities
Available on select travel dates until 2022 in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, Paris, Japan and more. Activities include hop-on, hop-off bus tours, attraction passes, bike hires, sightseeing cruise and more.
Up to 10% off 2022 cruises
Available on select travel dates when you pay in full within 3 days of booking. Destinations include France, Amsterdam, Paris, Egypt, Vietnam, Cambodia and more. T&Cs apply.
Up to $1,500 off 2022 Europe river cruises w/flexibilty
Cruise to places including Vienna, Prague, Paris, Amsterdam and more. Available on cruises in 2022 with flexibility until 60 days prior to departure.
Up to 10% off flights + extra checked baggage
Available on flights until 30 June 2022 exclusive for students. Destinations include Dublin, Paris, Ireland, Abu Dhabi and more. T&Cs apply.
Up to 45% off flights for students
Join and become a member of Student club and receive promo codes on flights. Available for students who are in university or college and aged 18-30. Destinations include London, Paris, Auckland, Canada and more. T&Cs apply.
Up to 25% off advance purchase
Available on select dates when you book 7+ days in advance. Destinations include Melbourne, London, France, New York, Brazil and more. T&Cs apply.
Up to 40% off getaways
Available on select travel dates when you book your hotel and flights together. Destinations include Paris, Las Vegas, Cancun and more. T&Cs apply.
Millennium & Copthorne Hotels
Up to 20% off Europe getaways + an extra 10% off for members
Plus get 2,000 Bonus My Millennium Points when you stay for a minimum of 2 nights. Available on stays until 31 December 2021 in UK, France and Italy. T&Cs apply.
Las Vegas: Up to 25% off advance purchases
Available on stays until 24 December 2021 when you book for 2+ nights. Must book 30+ days in advance. T&Cs apply.
Up to 10% off advance purchase
Available on select tours in 2021 and 2022. Destinations include Italy, Paris, USA, Croatia, Australia, New Zealand, Spain and more. T&Cs apply.
Up to 20% off Europe walking tours
Available on select travel dates for Interrail Pass holders. Destinations include Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Paris, London and more. T&Cs apply.
Up to 25% off passes
Enjoy 25% discount on your rail travel in Europe. Destinations include France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and more. Must be 27 and below to redeem offer. T&Cs apply.
Big Bus Tours
Up to 20% off Big Bus tours
Available on select dates and tours in Abu Dhabi, Chicago, Darwin, Dubai, Hong Kong, Las Vegas, London, Miami, Muscat, New York, Paris, Philadelphia, Rome, San Francisco, Sydney, Vienna and Washington DC. T&Cs apply.
Up to 60% off explorer pass
Available on select travel dates on 3,5 an 7 attraction passes. Includes bus tours, sightseeing, river cruises, wine tours and more. Valid for 60 days from first use. T&Cs apply.
Up to 60% off Paris attractions
Get a Go Paris pass and receive up to 60% off attractions. Includes bus tours, sightseeing, river cruises, wine tours and more. T&Cs apply.
Up to 5% off tours and attractions tickets worldwide
Available in select cities in China, Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, South Korea, Macao, Dubai, Paris, Taipei and London.
Up to 50% off worldwide cruises
Available on select travel dates to Croatia, Greece, Egypt, London, Turkey, Italy, France and more.
You can visit Paris any time of the year. The cold winter (2°C-8°C), from December to February, has the smallest crowds, but attractions are still open and during the Christmas period, the city is decorated in lights.
Spring, from March to May, brings some rainfall, but the flowers are blooming and Paris is very picturesque. The temperatures are mild and range from 6°C-19°C. Summer, from June to August, is the peak tourist season as Europeans enjoy their holidays at this time. Temperatures reach 24°C and prices are the most expensive.
Autumn, from September to November, has events such as Nuit Blanche and you can enjoy lower prices and temperatures (5°C-20°C). Avoid September and fashion week, which is the first week of October, as prices for accommodation are still high.
Weather and prices
Best time to visit Paris, weather wise. June to August has the warmest temperatures.
Cheapest time to visit Paris. December to February, other than the Christmas period, has the best travel deals.
Best time to visit Paris for...
- Notre Dame. Avoid the summer tourist period between June and August when you will have to deal with long lines at any time of the day. The mornings are crisp in spring and autumn but you will save yourself a lot of time waiting in line by getting to Notre Dame early when it opens at 8am. Tourist buses usually begin arriving at 9am and by 10am the lines are long. To climb the towers, you must be in line by 5pm.
- Disneyland Paris. January and February are the least busy months with Tuesdays to Thursdays being the least busy days throughout the year. However, if you want to avoid the cold weather, visit in spring (late-March to May). All rides are open and temperatures are mild. Visit in the morning or after 6pm for smaller crowds.
- For a honeymoon. Avoid summer (June to August) when locals flee and tourists take over. Spring, from late March to May, is when the city is the most romantic, has moderate prices and smaller crowds. Skip Easter when many Europeans visit Paris.
- The catacombs. Everyone rushes to visit the catacombs in the morning so your best bet for the shortest line is around 6pm. The official website suggests any time after 3pm. However, if visiting during holiday periods, lines are so long that you may not make it in. These guidelines are best in winter and spring (December to May) as long as you avoid the Christmas and Easter periods.
- The Louvre. The months from February to April are the least busy. Visit in the afternoon when lines die down, but avoid Tuesdays when the museum is closed. Use the Porte des Lions entrance where there are minimal lines.
- Paris and Rome. Paris and Rome experience the same tourist season in the summer. Both are ideal to visit in the spring (late March to May) when crowds have yet to pick up and prices are still low. Autumn is also similar but with cooler temperatures.
- Paris and Switzerland. April to May and September to October are ideal times to visit Paris and Switzerland to experience good weather. These shoulder months mean less crowds but prices do start to pick up. The weather is agreeable and will be pleasant for outdoor activities.
- Paris and Italy. Visit Italy first in late September and then Paris in October to skip fashion week’s high prices. The weather is mild and tourists flee the major cities at this time. Prices won’t be their lowest but will be lower than peak season and will pair well with the weather.
- Paris and London. Autumn in both Paris and London brings plenty of events that make the cities enjoyable. There is great outdoor weather, the prices are moderate and there are smaller crowds.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day tech sale: All the best deals so far
Here are Amazon Prime Day's best tech deals - score up to 70% off.
Amazon Prime Day’s best video game deals: Nintendo, PS5, Xbox and PC
Don't miss these stonking game deals on Amazon Prime Day, including $90 off Switch consoles, 70% off PS5 games and $70 off the Xbox Series S.
Prime Day 2021: Sneak Peak at the best deals
Planning on finding a bargain this Amazon Prime Day? Read our in-depth preview of all the best deals from the sale.
Amazon Prime Day: Top hacks for Australians in the 2021 sales
From when to shop to how to split the cost of your purchase, we’ve got you covered this Prime Day.
How to watch Melbourne Storm vs Wests Tigers NRL live and match preview
Wests Tigers head to Queensland to face the ladder leaders Melbourne Storm.
How to buy Plair (PLA) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Plair (PLA) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Linear (LINA) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Linear (LINA) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Mixin (XIN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Mixin (XIN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The Transfer Token (TTT) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The Transfer Token (TTT) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Oracle System (ORC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Oracle System (ORC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert