Off-peak dates in Maldives that still have all the sunshine you could ever hope for.
When it comes to holidaying in the Maldives a few important factors come into play: sunshine, crowds and price.
We’ve considered all possibilities and have come up with a solution for when to arrive that is the perfect balance of all three.
When is the best time to visit Maldives?
November and April are the driest months of low season and boast warm temperatures of 29℃. Peak season falls between December to March, where there are higher volumes of people visiting and prices are higher.
Cheapest time to fly to Maldives (Male's Velana International Airport)
The weather in Maldives is comprised of wet and dry seasons. Dry season is between November and April with peak season between December and March. March tends to be the hottest month of the year. The wet, monsoonal season is between May and October with September being the wettest month.
Maldives is a popular destination for couples and honeymooners from all over the world, so it’s difficult to note a time where you won’t be sharing the islands with loved-up couples; however, avoiding the peak Christmas holiday period will likely grant you a little respite.
Weather and prices
Best time to visit Maldives, weather wise: November to April.
Average temperatures and amount of rain in Maldives:
|Max temperature (Celcius)||29||29||30||31||31||30||29||29||29||29||29||29|
Cheapest time to visit Maldives: Booking flights and hotels in the off-season between May and October will save you the big bucks, but unless you plan to hole yourself up in your bungalow or dive throughout your trip, it’s not ideal. Book your stay in peak-season early for the cheapest prices.
Best time to visit Maldives for…
- Your honeymoon: For the most memorable honeymoon, visit Maldives during dry season between November and April for that picture-perfect stay.
- Beaches: November to April affords you the most sunshine and the least amount of rainfall.
- Diving: Diving is good all year round and can be enjoyed during the low off-season between May and October.
- Snorkelling: Like diving, snorkelling is good all year round as even during monsoon season, heavy short rains are followed by periods of sunshine. However, for the best visibility, snorkel between December and March.
- Spa relaxation: Relaxation is what Maldives is all about and can be enjoyed all year round, though some spas may close during low season.
Hot Maldives travel deals
Popular Travel coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|21 May 2019||Up to 30% off site-wide with code||HUG****|
|20 May 2019||Extra 8% off hotel bookings||8OF****|
|20 May 2019||Up to 30% off Groupon purchase||HUG****|
|20 May 2019||Up to 58% off Vivid Sydney cruises + Extra 10% off with code||FIN****|
|20 May 2019||10% off domestic flights with code||GPR****|