Best time to visit Los Angeles
Arrive in Los Angeles at the best time for your wallet and with the least amount of crowds.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Los Angeles is a city that can be visited any time of year as temperatures never dip below freezing. Depending on your budget and the activities on your bucket list, you can find the ideal time to visit with these need-to-know tips.
Best time to travel to Los Angeles
March to May.
Spring, March to May, brings warmer weather along with discount prices. The air is less heavy with smog and the rainy winter season is over. Cooler-than-summer temperatures still allow for beach days, but without the crowds.
LA’s summer, June to August, is the peak tourist season as it is summer holiday time for US schools. It’s best to avoid LA at this time of year as the smog is heavy, temperatures are high at around 15°C to 28°C, and the city is crowded.
Autumn lasts from September to November and is less crowded with cooler temperatures of 11°C to 28°C.
The winter period from December to February is the coldest in LA, with temperatures from 8°C to 20°C. It also has the highest rainfall. However, these are great months to score a good deal.
The spring season is March to May and is an ideal time to visit as there are less crowds, mild temperatures around 23°C, and some great deals on offer.
Weather and prices
- Best time to visit LA for weather: The months either side of summer, May and September, when it is still hot, but the smog is less intense.
- Cheapest time to visit LA: During the winter months from December to February you’ll score the best deals on accommodation and flights. Travel from beginning to mid-December and after New Year for the best prices.
Other best times to visit LA
- Sightseeing: Spring and autumn are the best times for sightseeing. LA summers can be hot and crowded, so heading to the top spots off-season means less people, less smog and less heat.
- Beaches: The ideal time to get to the beach is during summer when LA experiences its hottest days. It is crowded, so if you prefer less people, try May and September, which are still warm but not as busy.
- Disneyland: Late August to mid-December, and late January until the end of April are the least crowded times at Disneyland. Head to the park when it opens, as it gets busier later in the day.
- Universal Studios: Avoid the peak summer tourist season and plan your trip for spring or autumn when it is less crowded. The best time to visit is early morning as it gets busier throughout the day.
- Best time to visit LA and San Francisco: Autumn is perfect for visiting both cities in one trip. They both enjoy warm weather and less crowds at this time of year.
Hot travel deals
Find out the best time to go to...
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 55% off Lay-Z Inflatable Spas, $899 Macbook Air laptops, 36% off Nespresso coffee machines.
11 best tips for families visiting Dubbo Zoo: Parents’ guide
Dubbo Zoo is a great experience for families with kids of all ages, but get the inside tip in our parents' guide before you go.
Dubbo Zoo review: Is it worth it with kids?
Finder's Dubbo Zoo review was conducted by a family of five, including three kids under ten. Is it any good?
Best home security cameras in Australia
These are the best security camera systems you can get your hands on in Australia.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Perth
Here are the top experiences you can book on Boxing Day to make the most of your day off. Plus, discover the restaurants, cafes and bars open, too.
This Jetstar sale gets you to the Northern Territory from $107
EXPIRED: Isn't it time you paid the Top End a visit?
Best time to visit the Northern Territory | Weather, price and activities
Travelling to the Northern Territory during winter offers cool, dry weather, but avoid visiting over summer as it's often humid and rainy.
Best places to visit in the Northern Territory in 2021
Unique cultural experiences and picturesque natural wonders await in these six destinations. Plus, our top picks on the territory's best camp sites.
Best places to visit in New South Wales
From tropical, offshore islands to scintillating wine regions, we've rounded up the best places to visit around the state .
Best places to cruise in March
With the change of weather, March is often the last chance for many popular cruise destinations or the start of the warmer, dry season for others.
Ask an Expert