Los Angeles is a city that can be visited any time of year as temperatures never dip below freezing. Depending on your budget and the activities on your bucket list, you can find the ideal time to visit with these need-to-know tips.
Best time to travel to Los Angeles
March to May.
Spring, March to May, brings warmer weather along with discount prices. The air is less heavy with smog and the rainy winter season is over. Cooler-than-summer temperatures still allow for beach days, but without the crowds.
LA’s summer, June to August, is the peak tourist season as it is summer holiday time for US schools. It’s best to avoid LA at this time of year as the smog is heavy, temperatures are high at around 15°C to 28°C, and the city is crowded.
Autumn lasts from September to November and is less crowded with cooler temperatures of 11°C to 28°C.
The winter period from December to February is the coldest in LA, with temperatures from 8°C to 20°C. It also has the highest rainfall. However, these are great months to score a good deal.
The spring season is March to May and is an ideal time to visit as there are less crowds, mild temperatures around 23°C, and some great deals on offer.
Weather and prices
- Best time to visit LA for weather: The months either side of summer, May and September, when it is still hot, but the smog is less intense.
- Cheapest time to visit LA: During the winter months from December to February you’ll score the best deals on accommodation and flights. Travel from beginning to mid-December and after New Year for the best prices.
Other best times to visit LA
- Sightseeing: Spring and autumn are the best times for sightseeing. LA summers can be hot and crowded, so heading to the top spots off-season means less people, less smog and less heat.
- Beaches: The ideal time to get to the beach is during summer when LA experiences its hottest days. It is crowded, so if you prefer less people, try May and September, which are still warm but not as busy.
- Disneyland: Late August to mid-December, and late January until the end of April are the least crowded times at Disneyland. Head to the park when it opens, as it gets busier later in the day.
- Universal Studios: Avoid the peak summer tourist season and plan your trip for spring or autumn when it is less crowded. The best time to visit is early morning as it gets busier throughout the day.
- Best time to visit LA and San Francisco: Autumn is perfect for visiting both cities in one trip. They both enjoy warm weather and less crowds at this time of year.
Hot travel deals
Popular Travel coupon codes
|24 Jan 2020
||New Year sale: Extra $30 off with code
|22 Jan 2020
||US$30 off on tours and activities with code
|16 Jan 2020
||Up to 40% off worldwide hotels + Extra 8% off with code
|10 Jan 2020
||Extra 8% off hotels
|9 Jan 2020
||Up to 75% off worldwide hotels + extra 5% off with code
Find out the best time to go to...