Find out the best time to visit Byron Bay and North Coast for pleasant, dry weather and fewer crowds.
We looked at the best months to go to Byron Bay and North Coast, considering all the important factors like crowds, prices, weather and activities.
Best time to visit Byron Bay and North Coast
September to November.
Spring (September to November) has pleasantly warm weather with the lowest average rainfall in Byron Bay and North Coast. The landscape comes alive with blooming flowers and sprouting vegetation and there are fewer tourists due to the absence of a long holiday break. Also, whale watching season extends to the first half of the season.
Byron Bay and North Coast have temperate and mild weather year-round making the area a great holiday destination to visit throughout the year. If you can, steer clear of the summer season which attracts large crowds resulting in skyrocketing prices.
Weather and prices
Best time to visit Byron Bay and North Coast, weather-wise: September to November has comfortable temperatures with the lowest average rainfall.
Cheapest time to visit Byron Bay and North Coast: June to August has the cheapest flight and hotel prices as there are fewer tourists.
Best time to visit Byron Bay and North Coast for...
- Surfing: The most powerful and consistent swells occur during April to September as a result of the formation of low pressure in the Tasman Sea.
- Festivals: Numerous festivals and events like Bluesfest, Easter, marathons, concerts and food festivals are organised and celebrated from April to June.
- Wedding: For an outdoor wedding in Byron Bay and North Coast, you’ll want pleasant weather with a minimum possibility of rain. Spring (September–November) and autumn (March–May) have moderate climates and fewer crowds.
- Skydiving: Along with pleasant weather and lower prices, skydiving from September to November provides a magnificent backdrop of the mountains.
- Beach: Byron Bay and North Coast have a moderate climate year-round to be on the beach, but spring and autumn seasons have a perfect blend of crowd, prices and weather.