When is the best time to visit Brisbane?
Explore the Queensland capital during it's absolute prime.
If you are looking to visit the vibrant city of Brisbane, we have researched the best time to go based on the weather conditions, crowds and all other important holiday factors.
Best time to visit Brisbane
April to May.
Travelling to Brisbane during April to May is the most ideal as the season features comfortable, sunny weather with low amounts of rainfall while avoiding school holiday crowds.
Brisbane is a popular travel destination, so avoiding school holiday periods will mean less crowds and cheaper accommodation. Also, it may be tempting to visit Brisbane during the summer months of December to February, but these periods can become uncomfortably warm and provide inconsistent tropical weather.
It’s also important to avoid visiting during mid-November to early December as this marks the “schoolies” and festival periods. During this time, Brisbane becomes incredibly crowded with prices for accommodation and activities rising considerably.
Weather and prices
Best time to visit Brisbane, weather-wise: For the best weather, travel to Brisbane during April and May, as it provides comfortable temperatures without becoming too warm and there is minimal rainfall.
Cheapest time to visit Brisbane: For cheaper accommodation and activity prices, travelling on the shoulder periods of April and May means skipping school holidays and getting less crowds.
Best time to visit Brisbane...
- Whale watching: Early-May to October is the best time to see whales in Brisbane as this is when they migrate along the coast.
- Fishing: Brisbane offers a great fishing environment and is best done during the months of April and May when there are less crowds, and the temperature is comfortable.
- Nightlife: Brisbane is renowned for its amazing nightlife, bar and restaurant scene. Experiencing the best that Brisbane’s nightlife has to offer is best done during April and May when there is minimal rainfall and the nights are comfortably warm.
- River cruise: Taking a Brisbane River cruise is a great way to see the city and is best done during April to May when the days are comfortable and crowds are minimal.
- Shopping: The Brisbane shopping scene is one of the best around and because most shopping centres are indoors, this can be done anytime, but avoiding school holiday periods will mean fewer crowds.
Latest Brisbane travel deals
Popular Top Brisbane travel deals coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|4 Aug 2020||Extra 10% off experiences with code||RBF****|
|4 Aug 2020||Up to $40 off skydiving with code||GRO****|
|4 Aug 2020||Up to $20 off skydiving with code||GRO****|
|13 Jul 2020||5% off first time experience||FIR****|
|9 Jul 2020||Up to 10% off local experiences||CUD****|
Find out the best time to go to...
Ask an Expert