Discover the best times to visit Bali for weather, hotel prices and activities.
We figured out the best time to visit tropical Bali based on a combination of all important holiday factors.
Best time to visit Bali:
April-June and September-October
April to October is the dry season in Bali, but June to August (along with Christmas and New Year) is the peak season, so these times will be the busiest. For a good balance of sunny, dry weather, affordable prices and not too many crowds, April to June and September to October are the best times to visit.
Bali is a tropical destination and a great place to visit year-round, with temperatures averaging 30°C throughout the year.
Bali is a popular family destination for travellers during all school holidays, so June to August and December will be busier than the rest of the year. This is likely to mean higher prices.
Weather & Prices:
Best time to visit Bali, weather-wise: April to August is likely to be dry and sunny, making it perfect beach weather.
Cheapest time to visit Bali: If you avoid common school holidays, you can often get great deals to Bali throughout the year. The cheapest deals we’ve seen (where flights can fall as low as $100 each way) are often for January to April.
Best time to visit Bali for…
- Surfing: It depends where you are. The surf on the west coast is better in the dry season (from May to September) but surfing on the east coast is better during the wet season (November to March). Check Bali Surf Travel Company for more details.
- Honeymoon: Avoid school holidays for a more peaceful break. We’d recommend April to June (excluding Easter) for great temperatures, quieter beaches and minimal rainfall.
- Beaches: For dry days and smaller crowds, try April to June or September to October.
- Diving: The best time for diving is usually in the shoulder months (between wet and dry seasons) of April or October.
- Tanah Lot: Avoid queues by visiting mid-January to mid-April or September to November, since this is the low season. Sunset is a popular time of day to visit, but try early morning for a less busy experience.