Best time to visit Argentina
Discover how to beat the crowds and still get the weather in Argentina.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Some of the most memorable travel experiences the world has to offer are to be found in Argentina.
Getting your timing right is crucial, though – who wants to walk around Buenos Aires in the rain?
Here’s a guide to the peak times to travel.
Best time to visit Argentina
September to November.
Spring descends on Argentina between September and November. Temperatures in Buenos Aires are comfortable at this time of year and the skies are blue over Iguazu Falls. Travel at this time of year and you’ll also miss the crowds that flood the beach resorts between December and January.
Spring temperatures rise to around 15-21℃ in Buenos Aires, making exploring and indulging in the pavement cafe culture comfortable. It’s a little hotter in Iguazu Falls at this time of year, which makes taking a boat trip to the base of the falls all the more refreshing.
Weather and prices
- Best time to visit Argentina, weather-wise: September to November.
- Cheapest time to visit Argentina: September to November and March to May.
Best time to visit Argentina for...
- Best time for wine: The wine harvest begins in the Mendoza region at the end of November. If you want to do more than tastings and winery tours, make sure you’re here in March when carnival-style celebrations are held.
- Best time for glaciers: The lion’s share of tourists tend to head to Glacier Perito Moreno National Park between November and February when the sun is shining. Inevitably, this pushes prices up. You can often experience nice weather in March and April, but it’s not guaranteed.
- Hiking and sightseeing: There’s no poor time for sightseeing and hiking though if we had to choose the best, the winter months of July and August are most ideal as winters are never harsh (unless you’re heading quite far south) and are pleasant for walking around in.
Latest Argentina travel deals
Find the best time to go to…
More guides on Finder
Finder Retail Awards: Must-have home appliances and technology gifts for Christmas
The best home appliances and technology brands for 2020/2021 have been revealed in the Finder Retail Awards by Australia’s most visited comparison site.
This Jetstar sale gets you to the Northern Territory from $107
EXPIRED: Isn't it time you paid the Top End a visit?
9 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
Best time to visit the Northern Territory | Weather, price and activities
Travelling to the Northern Territory during winter offers cool, dry weather, but avoid visiting over summer as it's often humid and rainy.
Best places to visit in the Northern Territory in 2021
Unique cultural experiences and picturesque natural wonders await in these six destinations. Plus, our top picks on the territory's best camp sites.
Best places to visit in South Australia
Discover tourist hotspots like Adelaide and Kangaroo Valley and best kept secrets such as the Yorke Peninsula and Mount Gambier on your next trip around South Australia.
Best places to visit in New South Wales
From tropical, offshore islands to scintillating wine regions, we've rounded up the best places to visit around the state .
Best places to cruise in March
With the change of weather, March is often the last chance for many popular cruise destinations or the start of the warmer, dry season for others.
Best time to visit Nepal for sunny skies and optimal trekking conditions
Uncover the best times to visit Nepal for clear weather, good trekking conditions, cultural exploration, wildlife spotting and more.
Where to travel in March in Australia
Say hello to autumn, dry season and harvest time in these five hot destinations around the world.
Ask an Expert