We found the best time to visit the wildlife on Kangaroo Island and the wineries in the Adelaide Hills as well as everything in-between.
If you’re looking to take a trip Down Under and experience the best Adelaide has to offer, we have researched the ideal time to visit based on weather conditions, accommodation prices and crowds.
Best time to visit Adelaide
February to March.
While February is usually the hottest month of the year in Australia, the later parts of the month and early March tend to cool down to a more comfortable level. This warmer weather is conducive to outdoor activities with the added bonus of Adelaide hosting a large number of events during this season.
Adelaide is a vibrant city boasting exceptional food, wine, art and world-class events, making it a popular holiday destination. Travelling during the warmer months of February and March means experiencing the best the city has to offer. During this time, you will experience warmer days and fewer crowds than you would during the New Year travel period.
Weather and prices
Best time to visit Adelaide, weather wise: Visiting Adelaide between late February and early March mean you will experience the tail end of the summer months when the temperature is comfortable and rainfall is low. This is also outside of school holidays meaning smaller crowds.
Cheapest time to visit Adelaide: Due to the comfortable temperatures and festivals that happen during February to March, it is best to travel in the shoulder periods of these months, meaning early February or late March, to ensure lower prices on accommodation and activities.
Best time to visit Adelaide for...
- Kangaroo Island: The best time to visit the world-famous Kangaroo Island is during early March when the weather has cooled down and the crowds have started to clear.
- Wineries: Boasting some of the best wineries Australia has to offer, visits to the Adelaide wine regions are best during April to May. This is when the wineries host their End of Harvest celebrations, particularly Barossa Valley and the Barossa Vintage Festival.
- Adelaide Hills: If you want to experience the Adelaide Hills at their absolute best, visit during late-March to early April. The weather has cooled and the crowds have started to clear at this time.
- Bars: Adelaide has a well-known and bustling night scene. The best time to experience this vibrant scene is when the nights are warm. The period between February and March is ideal.
- Rundle Street: February to March is the best time to take a walk along the shopping strip at Rundle Street since the weather is not too warm and the crowds have cleared.
Latest Adelaide travel deals
Get $15 off when you spend $79 or more in one transaction. Valid on skydiving, go karting, helicopter and scenic flights, abseiling, flying lessons, driving, cruises and more. T&Cs apply. Not valid for Gift Voucher redemptions, iFLY Indoor Skydiving Sydney products or in conjunction with the $250 Gift Voucher promotion.
Show code & visit siteEX****
Show code & visit siteWE****